Graduate Job new
Operational Leadership Graduate Scheme – Services
- Entry Requirements: A degree requirement of 2.2 or any other relevant experience such as apprentice or technical backgrounds , N/A
- Salary: £26,000 in the first year raising to £28,000 in the second year
- Deadline: CLOSED
- Show Hide locations
ENGIE is a leading energy and services company focused on three key activities: production and supply of energy, services and regeneration. Our 17,000 employees combine these capabilities for the benefit of individuals, businesses and communities throughout the UK & Ireland.
We enable customers to embrace a lower carbon, more efficient and increasingly digital world. Our customers benefit from our energy efficient and smart building solutions, the provision of effective and innovative services, the transformation of neighbourhoods through regeneration projects, and the supply of reliable, flexible and renewable energy.
ENGIE improves lives through better living and working environments. We help to balance performance with responsibility, enabling progress in a harmonious way.
Globally, the ENGIE Group employs 160,000 people worldwide and achieved revenues of €60.6 billion in 2018.
ENGIE Graduate Scheme
The world around us is changing rapidly, transforming the way people access and consume energy and placing an increasing demand on a growing services sector. We need sustainable energy sources, smart efficient technologies and the ability to integrate these capabilities. We’re looking for the next generation of leaders who will continue to innovate across the different areas of our business.
Our award-winning schemes offer ENGIE graduates the exciting opportunity to gain insight and experience the diverse and exciting world of the UK’s largest services and energy company. Our graduate scheme is one leadership programme with multiple streams which enables you to build a network and learn who you are. Whether your focus is energy or services, commercial or finance, HR or construction, we’ll help you figure out your full potential.
Operational Leadership Graduate Scheme Overview: Services Stream
The services industry is experiencing the largest changes of the last century, join us to drive the change and support the transition at one of the world’s leading services companies.
ENGIE is the largest energy and services company in the UK, join our operational leadership team and help create efficient and sustainable business environments for our customers that deliver lifelong impact. We are therefore looking for innovative and driven individuals who can help us develop fully integrated solutions and make a difference.
Our services placements on the graduate leadership scheme will develop you into the future operational managers across our services divisions. Your 4 placements could vary from joining our services team at the iconic Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park who manage several of the venues, or changing the lives of people and communities through our local council services; or supporting on some of the UK’s biggest hospitals to keep them performing at their best, or you could be working within the TfL team to keep local transport operating smoothly.
This structured programme will span many sectors within our divisions, providing an unrivalled understanding of how we deliver our services. As services and energy increasingly overlap, there will also be the opportunity to experience our energy services. By experiencing both the services and energy sectors, you will develop your understanding of the whole business, and gain insight of how we are driving change in the market place to integrate the delivery of energy and services. ENGIE has a unique position to deliver a whole systems solution using our services provision, energy generation and smart cities to facilitate decarbonisation.
Starting in September 2020, our graduate programme begins with an exciting induction week. The two-year programme encompasses 4 x 6-month placements in which you will work in a variety of placements with real responsibility to combine operational and functional roles with an energy focus. AS ENGIE is such a large and diverse company, your placements could be based anywhere in the UK, so you must be willing to relocate within the UK.
Over the duration of the scheme you will be able to experience some of the following areas:
- Account management
- Operational management
- People management
- Commercial and financial understanding
- Client relationships/stakeholder management
- Technical appreciation
- Health, Safety, Environment and Quality delivery
- ENGIE vision and purpose
- Subcontractor management
- Asset management
All of our graduates work towards the CMI Level 3 Diploma in First Line Management. The qualification is developed for junior managers, supervisors and first line managers who have, or will have, operational responsibility and to develop their existing management skills and knowledge.
You will be dealing with management issues from day one, learning from those around you and developing into a high-quality manager, working as part of a management team that leads over 17,000 colleagues in the UK.
Qualifications or Required Experience:
To us, it doesn’t matter who you are. If you share our energy, values and vision, we want to work with you.
- A genuine interest in our industry and your focus area, and a passion for delivering real change in the communities we serve
- A flexible approach to work (you will be required to relocate across the duration of your scheme)
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to lead, motivate and inspire others at all levels
- A team focus on the ability to interact with a wide variety of people at all levels
- A driven, self-motivated attitude, with the ability to work on your own initiative
- Well-developed emotional intelligence and self-awareness
- Previous leadership experience (either through work or through extra-curricular activities)
- Previous work experience, ideally within a relevant field
- Previous customer services experience
- A degree is not mandatory but apprenticeships or technical backgrounds are welcome
- A full UK driving licence
- Candidates must submit an up to date CV and a Cover Letter outlining their motivations for applying to ENGIE
- Applications missing either of these will not be progressed
- Assessment Centres will be held in December 2019. Please note that despite the different streams, we will assess all candidates at the same time using the same materials to find the generation of leaders to join our graduate programme.
For this role, you must have evidence of the right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
The ENGIE Resourcing Team supports this job advert. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.
If you are a disabled applicant and meet the minimum outlined in the job description, you will be given the opportunity to demonstrate your abilities at interview.