Apprentice Healthcare Adviser (Retail)
- Salary: £162 per week
- Deadline: Ongoing
- Length of Programme: 1 Year
- Entry Requirements: -, -
- Qualification Gained: Vocational Qualification
- Show Hide locations
What is a Healthcare Apprenticeship?
It’s about learning on the job, working in our pharmacy as a full time team member, helping with every aspect of creating a great customer experience and learning about how a pharmacy retailer operates their business.
What’s the deal?
You will work 30 hours a week on a 13 month contract, earning from £5.40 per hour dependent on location. That’s £162 a week!
What will it look like?
You will work with the team in store helping and serving customers, giving appropriate advice on products, ensuring shelves are stocked and the store is welcoming and attractive. It will include-
- Understanding what the Superdrug customer wants
- Demonstrating exceptional customer service
- Understanding the business and maintaining the brand reputation
- Resolving customer queries
- Using knowledge to promote products to customers
- Ensuring our customers are given the correct advice on medication
- Supporting promotion changes and stock rotation
- Understanding how to increase sales through product placement
- Adhering to all policies and procedures
- Supporting store delivery of KPIs
What will you get?
You will work through a programme of learning with the support of an Assessor and your Manager over a 13 month period, all done on site, so no college days!
On completion of your Apprenticeship you will receive
- A nationally recognised qualification - Customer Service Practitoner Level 2 Diploma
- A pharmacy counter level 1 qualification
- An in depth knowledge of the products we sell
- Fantastic customer service skills
- Increased confidence and ability in dealing with the public
- Insight in to how a retail pharmacy business operates
During your Apprenticeship you’ll also receive a staff discount and loyalty card that gives you up to 30% off products and services in store and also includes a loyalty points scheme. This is as well as online access to discounts and cash back with other retailers, all subsidised by Superdrug. As an Apprentice, you can also apply for an Apprenticeship NUS card, which gives 10% discounts at participating outlets!
You should apply for this role if you ...
- Are confident working with people
- Are hard working and looking for variety and a fast paced working environment
- Can think on your feet
- Want to develop new skills
- Are a real team player
- Have a strong work ethic and flexible approach
You qualify if ...
- You have a minimum of Grade C / 4 GCSE (or equivalent) in English and Maths
- Aged 16 or over
- You are NOT currently at college or 6th form and are available for full time shifts
- You HAVEN'T completed a Customer Service apprenticeship before
- You DON'T already have a degree or completed a year or more at University
- You are eligible to work in the UK
- Have an interest in pharmacy retail business
- Are ambitious and keen to progress
- Are committed to achieving your qualifications