Graduate Job new
Graduate opportunities within Actuarial with PwC – Autumn 2017
- Entry Requirements: A 2:1 or above , in any degree subject
- Salary: Competitive
- Deadline: Ongoing
- Show Hide locations
What we do
Our purpose is to build trust in society and solve important problems. We do this for our clients by helping them tackle complex business challenges, improve how they work and create the value they need.
Actuaries work with uncertainty. Join us and you’ll help clients analyse how future events – anything from a corporate takeover to a major natural disaster – could affect them.
What you’d do
You might be calculating the impact of changing demographics or legislation on pension schemes; the effects that changes in financial markets have on different organisations; or how likely a business is to be hit by an earthquake.
You’ll learn how to use complex financial and statistical theories to weigh up the risks and estimate the odds of what might happen. Just as important, you’ll develop a flair for presenting your findings in simple, easy-to-understand language. What’s more, early client exposure will broaden your experience. There are two business areas you can choose from - both among the leading actuarial practices in the UK.
Reasons to join us
- Be part of the world’s leading professional services global network.
- Experience the best opportunities to learn, grow and excel, by learning on-the-job, learning from others, and through formal learning.
- Work in a supportive culture with access to a wide range of people to support your development - professional qualifications team, tutors, career coach and mentor and independent careers service team - to help you steer your career in your chosen direction.
- Be at the forefront of innovation and the heart of the digital revolution.
- Earn a competitive salary, holiday banking where you can accrue up to 40 days holiday and the ability to design a benefits package to meet your personal needs.
Who we look for
For most of our programmes, we welcome applications from all degree subjects. You’ll need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’.
Opportunities are at the heart of a career with us. And we’re proud, based on the opportunity we offer, that students have voted us the number one Graduate Employer in The Times Top 100 Graduate Employers survey for the last 13 years.
Take the opportunity of a lifetime.
Please note: deadlines do apply so we encourage an early application. Please check our website for further details.