Thailand Internship Program
- Entry Requirements: -, -
- Salary: Full Time Voluntary Internship
- Deadline: Ongoing
- Show Hide locations
Location - Chiang Rai, Thailand
Available Places x 2/3 per annum
Program Type – Full Time Voluntary Internship
Program Length – 12 Months
Program Cost – None
• Intern as a Director in IHF Thailand’s Children’s Home in Chiang Rai, Thailand a registered US 501(c) charitable organisation
• Experience living and working in this unique and beautiful city in Northern Thailand
• Organise and manage teams of international volunteers located at the Thailand centre
• Be responsible for ensuring the delivery of IHF Thailand’s program and special projects
• Use your education, skills and experiences to design and oversea community-based programs which meet the needs of the children and the communities the home supports
• Be responsible for aspects of local and international fundraising projects
• Help to educate and empower the children living at the home and advocate for them whenever necessary
• Work with and manage geographically disbursed teams across IHF’s centres helping IHF to deliver it global mission to educate the poorest and to provide an education about them to the world
• Opportunity to conduct field research into relevant fields in Sociology, Social Care, Education, Cultural, Medical, or Poverty/Developmental Studies or other similar degree programs
• In-depth knowledge and experience of the operations of an International NGO
• The opportunity to work across multiple job roles within the organisation including; PR & Marketing, Legal, Finance, Media, Social Work/Care, IT, Policy-Making, Research, Education and Training.
• Be actively involved in helping the organisation to develop and adapt its policy and procedures
• Obtain course credit for vocational, undergraduate or postgraduate degrees
The International Humanity foundation has been operating in developing countries since 1984. IHFs Thailand internship is spilt into two roles; the local and the international. We are seeking Independent, self- motivated and goal orientated individuals who can organise and manage volunteer teams both locally and internationally.
This is a fulltime internship designed to develop future leaders and managers for International Development NGOs, interns are asked to meet the high standards set by IHFs executive team and help to ensure the delivery of our programs on the ground in Thailand, as well as those of the International NGO in the US and across our centres. During your time with IHF you will have the opportunity to work across many of the job roles and IHF task teams which are required for the successful operation of an international NGO. Your teams will be made up of volunteers working across IHFs centres around the world and will require you to develop strategies and set targets to meet the organisation’s needs. You should be comfortable working independently and to deadlines, be confident and self-motivated, and, most importantly, be able to ask for help and guidance when required. You will be trained and mentored by our Executive Team in the operation and management of teams either in areas of personal interest, development, or in those which suit your personal skills and experience. Interns are encouraged to set personal goals for their time in country allowing IHF to tailor their volunteer experience to maximise their individual skills, and allowing them, with IHFs expert guidance, to maximise their impact and gain the greatest benefit during their time in country. This internship is designed to suit individuals with relevant skills and experiences looking transition into the development industry or for recent graduates who wish to gain practical experience of working in the development industry. IHF will work with employers and educational intuitions to help successful candidates receive certification or course credit as part of their internship with IHF.
• You will live onsite at the IHF Thailand Center
• You will be required to organise and manage teams of volunteers locally
• The opportunity to Visit Chiang Rai city and learn about the traditions and history of this unique part of South East Asia.
• Learn about a new culture and potentially a new language
• Experience the outstanding natural beauty of northern Thailand,
• Manage task teams in areas such as PR & Marketing, Legal, Finance, Media, Social Work/Care, IT, Policy-Making, Research, Education and Training working with teams which are globally disbursed
How the Internship is funded
As an International Intern IHF will fund the cost of your stay at our Thailand centre inclusive of all meals and accommodation. Interns are required to pay the cost of their travel to and from the centre and for any necessary visa and associated legal costs. IHF provides a small living stipend for all interns.
IHF will provide:
Provide transportation to and from the airport
Assistance and advice in obtaining all necessary visas (Acceptance onto the program is not a guarantee of a visa as these are granted at the discretion of the Government of the Kingdom of Thailand)
Advice and training prior to your arrival at our centre
Advice on flights and travel to Chiang Rai
Help and support in county along with ideas and advice on things to do in and around Chiang Rai and Thailand
How to Apply
IHF accepts Global Leadership Development Internship applicants on an ongoing basis, you can Apply here.
Details of all our volunteer programs can be found on our website.
For more details on our next intake date, to request a prospectus or for any other inquiries contact our Volunteer team here.