Business Administration Support Apprenticeship
- Salary: £13,750
- Deadline: CLOSED
- Length of Programme: 2 Years
- Entry Requirements: At least two A-Levels at grade C or above, .
- Qualification Gained: Professional Qualification
- Show Hide locations
- Porton Down
- Salisbury and Portsdown West
Dstl Porton Down, Salisbury, Wiltshire. SP4 0JQ
About the job
Dstl employs some of the world’s brightest people. We are always on the lookout for talented, dedicated, creative and innovative individuals to join us.
We have exciting opportunities for Business Administration Support Apprentices to join us. You will be part of a team of highly skilled and dedicated employees based at our Porton Down site near Salisbury.
You will have the opportunity to learn from colleagues who are experts in their field, and gain insights that can only come from real world experience.
As part of a team, you will provide consistent, high quality general administrative support to the business by working with the wider support team to ensure all aspects of the service are provided in a timely and effective manner to the User Community.
Your role will be to act as the first point of contact for internal requests for administrative assistance for both general business and project administrative support activities, providing the response within corporate guidelines.
Apprenticeships are a ladder of opportunity, giving you the chance they deserve to get on and fulfil your potential. Dstl apprenticeships give you the opportunity to earn while you learn.
The training programme is designed to enable you to acquire the underpinning knowledge and skills required for a range of roles across the organisation.
In this role you will;
In this role you will:
- Support the delivery of key business and operational activities (e.g. assets, risk and accommodation management, HR Reports, Timesheets)
- Support and facilitate highly effective stakeholder meetings.
- Support for evidence-based decision making through the collation and provision of timely and accurate business information.
- Maintain SharePoint information, administering access permissions and maintain stakeholder contact information.
- Ensure that Division information is accessible, accurate and controlled to meet Dstl’s information management policies.
- Organisation of UK & International Travel.
- Maintain awareness of relevant briefings, changes to procedures and policies that may impact the Division.
- Adhere to the Civil Service principles to demonstrate resilience within the capability as well as across the wider Operations community.
- Ensure that levels of service are maintained during periods of absence.
The security of our work means that only UK nationals who have also resided in the UK for the last 5 years (10 years for certain roles) can be considered. Some roles will require Developed Vetting (DV). Unfortunately, dual nationals cannot be considered.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
Delivering at Pace
Making Effective Decisions
Managing a Quality Service
We only ask for evidence of these behaviours on your application form:
We'll provide a great range of benefits including;
• Flexible working
• Maternity, adoption or shared parental leave of up to 26 weeks full pay followed by 13 weeks statutory pay and a further 13 weeks unpaid, and paternity leave of 2 weeks full pay
• Chartership and accreditation support
• Generous annual leave
• A competitive salary
• Excellent learning and development
• Onsite gyms and restaurants
• Staff discounts for high street and online shopping, restaurants and days out.
Our Diversity Networks
Dstl recognises the importance of diversity and inclusion as people from diverse backgrounds bring fresh ideas. We are committed to building an inclusive working environment in which each employee fulfills their potential and maximises their contribution. We have a number of support networks to ensure all employees feel supported at work.
These include the following;
- Sexual Orientation and Gender Network
- Faith and Culture Network
- Parents and Carer Support Network
- Alternative Working Network
- Gender Equality Network
- New Starters Network
- Enabled Network
Things you need to know
Successful candidates must pass a disclosure and barring security check.
Successful candidates must meet the security requirements before they can be appointed. The level of security needed is security check.
Selection process details
This vacancy is using Success Profiles, and will assess your Behaviours, Ability and Experience.
Where a business administrator has not already achieved Level 2 English and Maths, they must do so before taking the end-point assessment for this apprenticeship.
This is a fully-funded Level 3 Apprenticeship, If you hold an equivalent level qualification in a similar subject then you may not be eligible to undertake this apprenticeship.
As part of the application, you will be required to complete Verbal Reasoning & Numerical Reasoning Ability Tests. You will require internet connection to complete these. The tests are offered in order one after the other so once you have successfully completed the first ability test, you will be invited to start the second. Each test should take about 45 minutes to complete so you will need to allow approximately 1.5 hours to complete all of them. Please complete tests straight after completing the first part of your application form.
Practice Tests can be found at https://www.gov.uk/guidance/preparing-for-the-civil-service-verbal-and-numerical-tests
We recommend that you complete your online tests by 10th March 2020 to allow you time to complete the full application form.
Your application will be assessed on your answers to the behavioural statements and your statement of suitability.
If you are selected for further assessment this will consist of a Behavioral interview lasting approximately 1 hour. There may be an opportunity to see the working area.
Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment.
Open to UK nationals only.
This job is not open to candidates who hold a dual nationality.
Working for the Civil Service
The Civil Service Code sets out the standards of behaviour expected of civil servants.
We recruit by merit on the basis of fair and open competition, as outlined in the Civil Service Commission's recruitment principles.
The Civil Service embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity. There is a guaranteed interview scheme (GIS) for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
Apply and further information
Once this job has closed, the job advert will no longer be available. You may want to save a copy for your records.
Contact point for applicants
Dstlrecruitment email: email@example.com
Recruitment team: email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Online test instructions
complete by 1200 11th March 2020 in order to be able to submit the full application.
Should you wish to raise a formal complaint about the Dstl recruitment process you should email email@example.com stating the nature of the issue. We will respond within 5 working days.