School Leaver Management Degree Apprenticeship
- Salary: Starting salary £16,000
- Deadline: 12/02/2021
- Length of Programme: 5 Years +
- Entry Requirements: 104–112 UCAS points (A level grades BCC – BBC) or equivalent alternative qualifications. , GCSE grade C or 4 in English and Maths
- Qualification Gained: Degree
- Show Hide locations
Our Management Degree Apprenticeship is a great opportunity to gain real-life management experience following our structured and industry recognised training programmes, while at the same time studying towards a degree qualification with Manchester Metropolitan University.
From day one you’ll be rolling up your sleeves as part of a restaurant team, learning how every aspect of our restaurants work from preparing food in the kitchen to serving customers on front counter!
Once you’ve learned the basics, you’ll quickly start developing your management skills following our management development programme. The first year of your apprenticeship will be completely focussed on training you up to be a shift manager, manging teams of up to 50 people, while working towards a Level 3 Apprenticeship (Hospitality Supervisor).
The following four years will be spent working towards a BA (hons) degree in Business Management and Retail from Manchester Metropolitan University (MMU) and chartered manager status with the Chartered Management Institute (CMI). During this time you’ll gain hands-on restaurant experience; creating staff rotas, managing accounts and business planning.
Throughout the five-year programme you will gain loads of practical experience and progress through different management roles. You’ll help make real business decisions and could even go on to manage your own restaurant.
- The role is very hands on and is about being a role model and leading from the front. This means you'll spend a lot of time on the restaurant floor motivating your staff and delivering a great customer experience.
- You will work closely with your mentor and spend time with crew trainers and your restaurant manager to learn about the business.
- You be placed in a cohort with other students so that you can support each other throughout the programme.
Knowledge and Experience
We’re looking for people that are comfortable rolling up their sleeves and getting involved. Quick learners that have providing a great customer experience and delivering high standards at the top of their minds.
The ability to maintain high energy levels whilst working efficiently is also essential.
Finally, we are looking for those that have an aptitude towards problem solving, decision making and motivating, leading and inspiring people.
To apply you’ll need to have 104–112 UCAS points (A level grades BCC – BBC) or equivalent alternative qualifications.
You will also need GCSE grade C or 4 in English and Maths.
Location: as this is a restaurant-based position we are recruiting apprentices in all locations across England. This apprenticeship is currently not open to applicants from Scotland, Wales and Ireland.