School Leaver Programme new
Actuarial Analyst (CAA)
- Salary: £21-25k
- Deadline: CLOSED
- Length of Programme: 3 Years
- Entry Requirements: A Levels or equivalent, -
- Qualification Gained: Professional Qualification
- Show Hide locations
- Central London or Edinburgh
Jump start your career in finance while getting a world-recognised professional qualification. APR will fund your study and provide real work experience at a wide range of clients, enabling you to earn while you learn.
About the Actuarial Analyst programme
APR’s Actuarial Analyst programme is perfect for talented, highly numerate school leavers or graduates who want to start out on a career in areas that are widely anticipated to be in high demand in future - these include finance, data analysis, coding and modelling.
Successful candidates will pursue the Certified Actuarial Analyst (CAA) qualification – this is a globally recognised qualification awarded by a highly-regarded profession, which could open doors to a wide range of future careers. You will therefore be able to gain a meaningful qualification while earning and quickly developing some great skills and experience.
Why choose APR?
We believe working with APR offers an outstanding opportunity to launch your career:
• With a generous starting salary plus bonus, and future increases based on experience and performance, this is a great chance to work towards a meaningful qualification without accumulating student debt!
• Your APR career will give you the opportunity to work in many different roles and with companies across the UK and perhaps beyond, broadening your experience while keeping things interesting. There will also be plenty of scope to get involved in various aspects of growing APR’s own business.
• As well as the salary and study package, you will receive intensive, hands-on training in a variety of software packages, coding languages, and key technical and professional skills to ensure both your continuing development and that you’re equipped to dazzle our clients while working on projects.
• You will be provided with a mentor who you can turn to for day-to-day support and who will look after your ongoing development and future career plans, as well as introduce you to your colleagues and APR’s social activities.
• APR will fully support you through the whole CAA qualification, through high-quality training, an allowance for the training material you’ll need and days off to study for the exams. As well as being a valued qualification in its own right, qualifying as a CAA can also be used as a stepping stone to becoming a fully qualified actuary.
Should I apply?
This role is predominantly aimed at school leavers, and we are happy to take applications either for an immediate start or from students who have completed year 1 of A-levels (or equivalent), looking towards a September 2020 intake.
Applicants should be highly numerate, with good communication skills, and be enthusiastic to learn. You should also possess the following minimum level of qualifications (please ensure your application makes clear that you meet, or are predicted to meet, these or equivalent):
• 128 UCAS points (equivalent to one A and two Bs at A-Level).
• Grade A at A-level in a Maths related subject.
• Grade 7 at GCSE in English Language (or grade A under the previous system).
To apply for the apprenticeship scheme, please provide a copy of your CV and a covering letter, either via our website (https://aprllp.com/working-for-apr/) or by sending to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any queries about the analyst programme or the application process please do get in touch with us, also using this address.
We expect the covering letter of successful candidates to demonstrate a genuine appetite for working towards a professional qualification, a desire to excel in a mathematically challenging and technically demanding role, and a clear sense of why you think APR is a good match for your abilities and ambitions; applications without a covering letter touching on these areas are likely to be rejected.