Graduate Job new
- Entry Requirements: 19 – 35 if qualified Chef , Be a UK, Republic or Ireland or Commonwealth citizen
- Salary: Pay during training £15,200+ & Benefits Initial pay after training £18,800+ & Benefits
- Deadline: Ongoing
- Show Hide locations
Do you love to cook? Does the idea of feeding a thousand personnel or a selection of some of the most important people in the world excite you? Then you could be a Chef in the Royal Air Force.
Wherever you may be in the world, you’ll perform a pivotal role: making sure our most important asset – our people – have the fuel they need to get the job done.
Once fully trained you will have organisational and time management skills, excellent communication and number skills and have the ability to stay calm under pressure. You will be able to work in Military Messes preparing hotel standard fare and fine dining experiences for Military personnel, in a field kitchen supporting exercises and operations worldwide or in an in-flight production kitchen producing meals for fast jet pilots, helicopter crews, large aircraft crews and passengers travelling to all corners of the globe. With experience you could cook for high ranking Officers, Government Ministers and even members of the Royal Family.
- 19 – 35 if qualified Chef
- If a qualified Chef, have a NVQ Level 2 or 3 in Food Preparation and Cooking; and Level 2 or 3 Certificate in Hospitality and Catering Principles (Professional Cookery) or any other appropriate recognised civilian qualification
- Be a UK, Republic or Ireland or Commonwealth citizen
- Commit minimum 3 years post Phase Two Training