Graduate Job new
Operational Leadership Graduate Scheme: ICOMERA Technology
- Entry Requirements: A degree requirement of 2.2 or any other relevant experience such as apprentice or technical backgrounds , N/A
- Salary: £26,000 in the first year raising to £28,000 in the second year
- Deadline: 06/12/2019
- Show Hide locations
This exciting new joint venture by Icomera UK and ENGIE is the perfect opportunity for someone looking to kick start their career in the technology and cybersecurity world.
Icomera was acquired by ENGIE in 2017; as an independent business Icomera launched the world's first Internet solution for trains in September 2002 and is today the world's leading provider of connectivity and application platforms for passenger transport and public safety. Icomera’s award-winning products are deployed on rail, road and sea, serving more than 30 million Wi-Fi users every day in over 36 countries and providing high-speed access for fleet tracking and mission-critical onboard systems.
ENGIE already have a well-established management trainee scheme, with streams across Finance, Services, Energy, HR, Commercial and Engineering. We look for the next generation of leaders who will continue to innovate across the different areas of our business.
You will be employed by Icomera UK but will entirely participate within the ENGIE Graduate Scheme.
ENGIE/ Icomera Graduate Scheme
Starting in September 2020, you will join a one-week Induction before your first placement begins. During the rest of your scheme, you will work across our business in a variety of placements, combining operational and functional roles within your chosen area of IT. You will primarily be based in Chatham, Kent, with one placement in Canary Wharf, London, with the wider ENGIE team.
You could be making an immediate contribution supporting our next successful £20m hardware and services tender, providing critical contractual support to our asset and operational teams, or working with our extensive supply chain to ensure we and they remain focussed on our diversity and sustainability commitments.
With an IT focus, you will be supported to become a future IT Team member in a managerial role. Whatever path you choose, we firmly believe that the experiences you will have had throughout the programme will make you stronger leaders in the future.
This programme consists of four, 6-month placements over a two-year programme.
You would gain experience over the duration of the programme of:
● Operations Management
○ Achieving sustainable service delivery against SLAs
○ Learning how to provide stakeholder support in a high-tech Linux environment
○ Engagement with rapidly growing cybersecurity functions
○ Implementation of highly technical solutions in a fast-paced and decentralised field environment
○ Understanding of network topologies on public transport vehicles
○ Attending service reviews with strategic customers like CrossRail, TfL and National Express
○ Applying IT best practices with our data centres and local/central operations
○ Pre-contract (contract reviews, pricing models, mobilisation)
○ Post-contract (claims, variations, contractual advice)
○ Understanding the value chain in the high-tech logistics space
● Project Management
○ Understanding logistics and delivery best practices
○ Stakeholder communications
○ Execution of projects to defined scopes
○ Understanding of how delivery is concluded with a seamless transition into business-as-usual support
○ Aligning business, financial and strategic objectives of a project
○ Working with highly technical Project Engineers
○ Senior stakeholder management
● Corporate Responsibility
○ Employee engagement
○ Diversity and inclusion
○ Supply chain
All of our graduates will be given the opportunity to work towards the CMI Level 3 Diploma in First Line Management. The qualification is developed for junior managers, supervisors and first-line managers who have, or will have, operational responsibility for a defined area of activity and who wish to build on and develop their existing management skills and knowledge.
In addition, where applicable we will support you in achieving professional accreditation if and when you decide to specialise in a particular area.
Qualifications or Required Experience:
- A background in Technology, IT Project Management, Cyber Security or similar field either at degree or minimum Level 4 apprenticeships
- A genuine interest in our industry and IT, and a passion for delivering real change in the communities and businesses we serve
- A flexible approach to work (you will be required to travel across the duration of your scheme)
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to lead, motivate and inspire others at all levels
- A team focus with the ability to interact with a wide variety of people at all levels
- A driven, self-motivated attitude, with the ability to work on your own initiative
- Well-developed emotional intelligence and self-awareness
- Candidates must submit an up to date CV and a Cover Letter outlining their motivations for applying to Icomera.
- Applications missing either of these will not be progressed
For this role, you must have evidence of the right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
The ENGIE Resourcing Team supports this job advert. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.
If you are a disabled applicant and meet the minimum outlined in the job description, you will be given the opportunity to demonstrate your abilities at interview.