Materials Technician Apprentice Level 3 Hinkley
- Salary: Competitive
- Deadline: CLOSED
- Length of Programme: 2 Years
- Entry Requirements: 5 GCSE's or equivalent at A - C including Maths, English and a Science, -
- Qualification Gained: Professional Qualification
- Show Hide locations
Materials Technician Apprentice Level 3 Based at Hinkley
Qualifications needed: 5 GCSE's or equivalent at A - C including Maths, English and a Science
Balfour Beatty is the UKs largest construction and infrastructure business. Each day our projects change peoples lives and communities for the better. We built the famous London Aquatic Centre and youll find our mark in all kinds of infrastructure like schools and hospitals, major roads, rail and power networks. Each year we seek the best apprentices to come and join our ever changing business.
About the role:
Our aim is for you to participate in our Materials Technician Apprentice development programme and work toward professional status.
You will study for and be expected to pass Advanced (level 3) Laboratory Technician Apprenticeship.
The typical duration for this apprenticeship is 2 years.
What you'll be doing
- Ensure all work is undertaken safely in accordance with required processes
- Undertake testing of materials including aggregates, concrete and asphalt in accordance with required standards, in the laboratory and on construction sites.
- Comply with the high standards of work required by the Quality Management Systems to required deadlines
- Maintain equipment to required standards as required by the Laboratory Manager
- Proactively communicate with senior staff to ensure effective communication
- Attend training courses and assessments as required by the apprenticeship standard and Balfour Beatty and maintain training records
Who we're looking for
- You will be able to solve problems and to pick up new ways of working quickly with minimum direction, working collaboratively as part of a team and independently.
- 5 GCSEs Maths, English or Sciences (GCSEs at grades C or above or grade 4 or above)
- Full UK driving licence
- Flexibility to work out of hours including night and weekend working as part of a rota
- Creative & innovative thinking
- Have the ambition and motivation to work within the engineering and construction industry
Why work for us
Salary & benefits:
We offer a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package. Your professional institution fees and training will be covered.
To apply, please click click apply below.
Should you require any additional support with your application, please contact email@example.com
Applicants are therefore encouraged to apply as early as possible as CVs will be reviewed and candidates selected on a rolling recruitment basis.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunities employer, is a Disability Confident level 2 Employer and a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture.
Balfour Beatty is a leading member of The 5% Club, which is now in operation in over 200 companies.