Allen & Overy First
- Entry Requirements:- , -
- Deadline: CLOSED
- Show Hide locations
If you think a career in commercial law might be for you but you’re keen to find out more, then A&O First is a great place to start.
A&O First is much more than just work experience. It’s a year-long programme and support network designed to give you all the information, contacts and experience you need to decide whether a legal career, and a career with Allen & Overy, is what you want.
The programme is packed full of insights, experiences and exposure to the work we do through work-shadowing, networking and opportunities to learn everything you might need to know about the firm.
You’ll also enjoy:
• Access to our graduate team for advice and guidance for the duration of the programme
• Two-day workshop in April, followed by a return office visit in September
• Work shadowing to see the role of a lawyer first-hand
• Legal and business skills training
• On-going support from a trainee ‘buddy’
• Valuable networking with associates and partners
• Access to an online network of people
• Opportunity to be fast-tracked to an assessment centre for a Vacation Scheme or an A&O Training Contract
• Membership of an exclusive online forum actively hosted by our recruiting team where you’ll be able to ask questions and share insights with your A&O First peers
• Continuous support – through A&O First you’ll have on-going contact with recruiters, trainees and other students interested in law.
A&O First is for first year undergraduate students as well as those in their second-year of a four-year course, and is open to all degree disciplines.
The application window opens 13th January 2020 and will close on 13 February 2020.
The programme will take place on the following dates:
Two day workshop
Monday 6th April 2020 – Tuesday 7th April 2020
Final office visit
Monday 21st September 2020
Please only apply if you can attend all of the dates above. Accommodation will be provided for the 2 day workshop for those living outside of London.