- Salary: Competitive
- Deadline: Ongoing
- Length of Programme: 2 Years
- Entry Requirements: ., .
- Qualification Gained: N/A
- Show Hide locations
Brief Overview of the Role
At Renault we pride ourselves on producing world class vehicles with excellent performance and impeccable reliability. We train our staff to the same high standards via our Apprentice Programme – considered to be the best in the industry.
- Working week Monday-Friday
- Total hours per week: 40.00
- Expected apprenticeship duration - 36 months
- Possible start date - September 2018
- Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Areas of Responsibility Include:
- Ensure customer demands are met and you use your skills to ensure the correct solution is supplied
- Ensure that procedures are correctly carried out for the ordering of goods and their receipt following the official Volvo process
- Maintain an efficient stock control system
- Ensure that the whole parts operations housekeeping is in good order including suggesting ideas of how to improve housekeeping within the parts department
- Attend any training or development activity that is made available to enable you to develop in your job
- Ensure the Dealer point works to the criteria laid down in the Company Health and Safety policy
- Ensure the company’s time recording procedures are complied with
- Work with all areas of the Dealer point to ensure best practice is maintained and a good working relationship is present
- Work with the team to ensure a strong top team ethos (including being mentored by a fully competent individual)
- Support the development of character, skills, attitude and superior individual and team performance
- Ensure that you conduct yourself in a business-like and professional manner
- Assist with ensuring the parts department is run as efficiently as possible
- To be pro-active in a selling role
- Ensuring that all goods received are checked and stored accurately
- To be able to effectively communicate at all levels both written and verbally
- To be able to work on developing new or enhancing existing processes
- To be able to adapt and take on new skills and approaches
- Have a real interest in the retail motor industry
- Be willing to provide an excellent service to our customers
- The right attitude, determination and commitment
- GCSE grades Grade D or above (or equivalent) or can demonstrate a reasonable level of knowledge in Mathematics, English and Science.
Employer is not registered as Disability Confident
As a Renault Trucks Apprentice, you are the future of our business. We will give you the skills to learn, develop and excel in your career, while you earn. Our programme has been designed to meet the needs of this ever-changing industry, from Renault Trucks workshops, which are fully equipped with the latest tools and parts, to our highly trained staff, we are committed to giving you the best start.
At our state-of-the-art academy, we invest in our heavy vehicle parts and continual professional development of our training team to ensure you get the highest quality learning experience in the industry.
Above all, we pride ourselves in developing people, ready for work and to achieve their ambitions. In this industry, you never stop learning, with continuous development throughout your career. Make the first step, and apply today.
Block release at Stephenson College includes:
- NVQ in Vehicle Parts Operations
- Technical Certificate
- Employer Rights & Responsibilities
- Functional Skills (Maths, English and ICT)
Job Type: Apprenticeship