Graduate Job new
Corporate Finance Executive (MOD/VALS) Graduate
- Entry Requirements: 112 UCAS (new tariff) across 3 A Levels or 104 (new tariff) across 4 Highers/Advanced Highers;, A predicted/obtained honours degree.
- Salary: Competitive
- Deadline: CLOSED
- Show Hide locations
- London - Farringdon Street
What does our corporate finance team do?
Our team is one of the most active corporate finance advisers in the UK, advising on more than 1,000 deals in the past five years. Our national network is broadly split into five distinct services, two of which are financial modelling and valuations.
- Financial Modelling - The financial modelling team review and build complex financial models that help businesses make critical decisions. This includes cash flow forecasts that can be used to support a company sale, purchase or merger. Our work helps clients calculate the financial impact of a business decision under a range of scenarios. This helps them manage risk and take confident decisions about their future path.
- Valuations - The valuations team provides independent and insightful valuation advice to clients in the UK mid-market, with a focus on AIM listed Plcs and PE-backed private companies. The advice can be relied upon by our clients for a variety of purposes – from straight commercial transactions, through corporate restructurings, tax planning, financial reporting, and expert witness work in a dispute scenario.
Financial modelling and valuations services are provided by our project finance, modelling and valuations team based in London.
What can you expect?
A career in the team will give you the chance to understand the key drivers of businesses. You’ll enjoy excellent career development opportunities as you continue to improve your technical and commercial business skills. In this fast-paced role, you’ll be working on live projects from day one. You’ll learn how to build and review financial analysis models, or prepare valuations, for a wide variety of clients, including listed multinationals, financial institutions and funds, central government departments, owner-managed businesses and leading charities. At RSM, you’ll also get the chance to manage client projects, win new business and help develop best-practice modelling and valuation tools. This hands-on experience is invaluable as you take the next steps in your career. When you join our team, you’ll work towards the ACA qualification with the Institute of Chartered Accountants of England and Wales (ICAEW), or your Chartered Accountancy qualification with the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland (ICAS). You’ll also benefit from on-the-job training from more senior members of the team and gain access to our internal training courses that will help you develop in the role.
What we look for
We’re on the lookout for students with a ‘can-do’ attitude who are prepared to work hard and take on high levels of responsibility. We also look for team players who enjoy interacting with others and are curious about how businesses work. You’ll be working on multiple projects at the same time, so time management and organisational skills are key. Confidence with numbers and business awareness is a must, but you’ll also need excellent communication skills and be able to forge strong working relationships with people from all backgrounds. Competency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint is essential. If that sounds like you, we know you’ll enjoy being part of our team.
At RSM, we don't just look for good exam results. We think passion, personality and originality are just as important.
You will need:
- 112 UCAS (new tariff) across 3 A Levels or 104 (new tariff) across 4 Highers/Advanced Highers;
- A predicted/obtained honours degree.
UCAS changed their points system so under the old tariff it would be 280 or 260 points respectively.
RSM is the size and shape it is today because we haven’t been afraid to develop and evolve. Reflecting the world we live in, and the society we’re part of helps us to be a better place to work. The experiences, insights and goals that make you one-of-a-kind are also what make you invaluable to us. RSM thrives because of the people who work with us, and there are no limits to what we will achieve together. That is the power of being understood.