Graduate Job new
Graduate 2020 – Project Controls – London
- Entry Requirements:A minimum 2.1 in Mathematical or Statistical based degree (expected or obtained). , - 240 UCAS points (if achieved before 2017), or 96 UCAS points (if achieve after 2017).
- Deadline: CLOSED
- Show Hide locations
Based in London
The Service Programme managers are responsible for an efficient joined-up delivery of complex series of projects, constantly gathering and analysing the performance data required to effectively manage a scheme. This performance data includes financial information about contracts, progress data from contractors, risk data and other data that enable the project or programme managers to direct the work.
Project and Programme controls is a core part of Project and Programme management is a core Mace discipline and typical of our larger commissions in sectors like aviation, infrastructure and energy sectors. It was central to the delivery of major projects and programmes such as the London 2012 Olympic Games, Heathrow Expansion and more recently HS2.
We offer two routes into programme management, one is via project management and the other via project controls.
As a Project Controls Graduate you will play a key supporting role in the delivery of our services to our clients. Initially, working alongside more senior Project Managers and/or Project Controls Managers, you will be responsible for gathering, sorting, analysing and presenting a wide variety of information and data relating to the projects you have been assigned to.
Your role will be focused on the set up of processes that predict, understand and constructively influence the desired outcomes of a project or programme, through the communication of information to assist effective decision making.
Responsibilities include but are not exclusive to:
- Scope definition and management of a Work Breakdown Structure
- Planning and scheduling
- Cost Control
- Change Control
- Risk management
- Writing procedures and creating process flow charts
- Document management
- Interface management
- Extensive data management and integrating departmental systems through common coding structures
- Recording progress on site
Project Controls teams will initially be based in London, UK but will be expected to be mobile across the UK to work with our key clients.
Professional Qualification Routes
Graduates working in project controls will be supported in working towards their professional qualification with bodies including the Association of Project Management (APM) and the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB), dependent on the subject studied at university.
- A minimum 2.1 undergraduate degree (expected or obtained)
- 240 UCAS points if achieved before 2017 or 96 points if achieved after 2017. and Grade C in GCSE Maths and English (or equivalent qualifications)
- Evidence of significant extra-curricular activities that demonstrate drive and excellent interpersonal skills
- A passion for a career in Project Management within the Built Environment.
Qualifications, knowledge and skills
- Construction-related degrees are preferred, however, applications are considered from non-construction related degrees. You are required to have a number of connected skills including:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills Strong numeracy and analytical acumen
- Strong computer literacy
- Awareness of good data visualisation principles
- Strong process thinking with the ability to create process flow charts for business processes
- A drive to deliver results