Summer Internship – Forensic Accountant
- Entry Requirements: Be proficient in Excel, Have a high level of attention to detail
- Salary: Competitive
- Deadline: Ongoing
- Show Hide locations
At Smith & Williamson we recruit high calibre people with the skills, knowledge and commitment to meet the demands of the business. Lasting six weeks, our summer internships aim to give undergraduates in their penultimate year a great insight into life at our firm. You won’t be left making the tea; you’ll be getting involved in the same sort of work as our graduates, which could mean attending meetings with partners, visiting clients, getting involved in research and everything in between. It’s a great opportunity for us to see if you have what it takes to become one of our future business advisors.
Our team offers forensic accounting and forensic technology services on a wide range of contentious matters including dispute resolution, fraud and bribery investigations, personal injury and insurance claims, both in the UK and internationally.
With a distinctive range of expertise and extensive links to the legal profession, we provide forensic services across numerous disciplines for both corporate and private clients. Our partners are acknowledged leaders in their own fields and combine this expertise with an understanding of the legal process and experience of acting as Expert Witnesses.
Our forensic services are finely tuned to meet the needs of those who instruct experts. Our partners are closely involved in cases and deliver expert evidence which is tailored to the needs of the parties.
What will I be doing?
The forensic accounting internship enables the student to increase their understanding of working within a professional organisation and gain valuable experience whilst applying the theory from their degree into practice.
Key responsibilities of the forensic accounting placement are:
- Gain an understanding of cases/investigations and assist with analytical and statistical work in order to help estimate potential losses
- Analyse Financial Statements, bank statements and other sources of information
- Plan workload in order to prioritise work and meet tight deadlines faced in the forensic services department
- Support more qualified staff on more complex client situations
- Assist with admin support as and when required
To be successful in this role you will:
- Be proficient in Excel and have interest to learn new applications
- Have a high level of attention to detail
- Know how to deal with problems that arise, knowing when to involve the others, ability to think ahead and anticipate events
- Have the ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing
- Be able to build and maintain good relationships with clients
- Have the ability to work in small teams and develop a good relationship with all partners
- Be flexible and willingness to help others
- Have a high level of general commercial awareness
Stage 1 – complete our online application form
Stage 2 – online verbal and numerical reasoning test
Stage 3 – assessment centre
Stage 4 – first round interview
Stage 5 – final round interview
Applications are currently open and we recruit on a rolling basis; APPLY NOW to avoid disappointment