School Leaver Programme new
British Gas/Babington 12 week Traineeship- Leicester
- Salary: Unpaid
- Deadline: CLOSED
- Entry Requirements: Age 16-24, Unemployed with no unspent criminal convictions
- Qualification Gained: N/A
- Show Hide locations
British Gas is offering the opportunity to gain essential workplace skills and experience within a customer service setting.
This traineeship programme in partnership with Babington and British Gas offers you the chance to ready yourself for the workplace, giving you insights that could be relevant to a huge range of roles.
The programme lasts for 12 weeks, and during this time you will complete a range of tasks from shadowing engineers performing boiler repairs to listening in on the customer care team in a British Gas site.
This will include:
- Listening in on calls from customers within a busy contact centre
- Shadow engineers whilst installing and servicing heating products and energy services
- Complete a volunteering project in the community
To ensure you are set up for success you will have a strong support network around you; this will include a Babington training advisor to support with employability, I.T and functional skills if needed.
This opportunity is designed to give you a valuable work based learning experience, which can lead to future employment or an apprenticeship. Babington will support you every step of the way so that you will have the best chance of success
You will receive on the job support to enable you to perform your role, alongside a Level 1 employability certificate, if you haven’t got your GCSE A-C in Maths and English you will work towards a Functional Skills qualification at an appropriate level. Full Employability and work skills training will help you in gaining and sustaining a role in customer service or sales following your programme.
We are offering incentives to support you which include:
- Travel costs paid to class and work placement
- Bursary allowance of £7 per day or a wage incentive of £50 per week (aged 16-19) if eligible
- Refer a friend £50
- £100 for a secured progression into an apprenticeship or job after 8 weeks (aged 19-24)
A taster day for selection for the programme will take place at our British Gas office in Leicester on 15th September
The twelve week traineeship will the begin on Monday 19th September 2016
To secure your place on this traineeship programme, contact the Babington Group using the details provided below:
email@example.com or call 01332 613 688