Apprentice IT Field Engineer 2020 based in Wentlooge
- Salary: Competitive
- Deadline: CLOSED
- Length of Programme: 1 Year
- Entry Requirements: You will have a minimum of 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grades A-C including Maths and English, As well as well-developed team and people skills, you will have the passion and desire to learn IT Infrastructure Domain knowledge including Windows 7/2003/2008/10.
- Qualification Gained: Professional Qualification
- Show Hide locations
About the role
Apprentice IT Field Engineer 2020 Wentlooge in Wales
About Balfour Beatty and what we do:
Do you want to work for a worldwide, market leading Company? A company that has delivered some of the most iconic projects, globally over the last 100 years, with market leading capabilities across the construction, services and rail sectors? Then we have an amazing opportunity for you office based in Wentlooge but there may be requirements to visit additional Balfour Beatty office locations as part of the training programme.
Take a look at what we do at:
Balfour Beatty is the UKs largest construction and infrastructure business. Each day our projects change peoples lives and communities for the better. We built the famous London Aquatic Centre and youll find our mark in all kinds of infrastructure like schools and hospitals, major roads, rail and power networks. Each year we seek the best apprentices to come and join our ever changing business.
About the role:
Our aim is to effectively and efficiently deliver IT Service Field Engineering throughout the UK, working in conjunction with the service desk to receive work for completion.
Field Engineers will recommend improvements, modifications to all Balfour Beatty IT Services that will improve operating effectiveness and efficiency, that have been discovered whilst delivering services on sites throughout the UK
Ensuring customer experience and satisfaction of all Information Technology & Communication services provided by IT Field Engineering to the end user computing community within Balfour Beatty throughout the UK.
What the apprenticeship will offer:
You will follow a training programme as part of our Industry recognised Apprenticeship programme, geared towards you achieving IT Application Specialist level 3.
The typical duration for this apprenticeship is 12 months
What you'll be doing
Your responsibilities as an IT Service Field Engineer include:
- Ensuring services provided comply with Backup and Disaster Recovery procedures
- Delivering IT field engineering services at main office locations and accompanying senior engineers on site setups/decommissions and projects
- Ensuring compliance with current IT documentation standards utilised within IT Services
- Delivering services requested through Incident, Service Request, Change and IMAC processes within IT Service Desk
- Deliver field engineering service within the change IT Services management process.
- Recommending to line manager potential service improvements, and technology which could enhance the delivery of service throughout the UK
- Comply with all service delivery agreements and KPIs
- Ensuring services delivered comply with defined service SLAs
- Ensure areas which could potentially adversely affect the business are expediently highlighted to line management
- Proactively resolve systems issues through adopting a flexible approach and creating innovative solutions which maintain an acceptable balance between risk, reward, and customer service
- Proactively identify ways to improve service delivery and operational effectiveness on sites.
- Ensuring customers sign acceptance sheets for all work completed
- Deliver the Balfour Beatty values when delivering services on behalf of IT Services
Who we're looking for
- As well as well-developed team and people skills, you will have the passion and desire to learn IT Infrastructure Domain knowledge including Windows 7/2003/2008/10.
- You will be able to solve problems and to pick up new ways of working quickly with minimum direction, working collaboratively as part of a team and independent and travelling across the country with an engineers.
- You will have knowledge of MS packages including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- You will have a have a friendly, flexible approach to your working day and a willingness to work with and support colleagues
- You will have an enthusiastic, engaged attitude and eagerness to learn and develop personally and professionally
- You will have a minimum of 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grades A-C including Maths and English
Why work for us
Salary & benefits:
We offer a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package. Your professional institution fees and training will be covered.
For more information about what you can expect as a Balfour Beatty Apprentice and whats involved in the scheme click here and you can also view the profiles of some of our current apprentices across the Group.
Should you require any additional support with your application, please contact email@example.com
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunities employer, is a Disability Confident level 2 Employer and a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture.
Balfour Beatty is a leading member of The 5% Club, which is now in operation in over 200 companies.