Apprenticeship 2020 - Building Services Engineering - Level 4 Apprenticeship- Heathrow
- Deadline: CLOSED
- Entry Requirements:96 UCAS (for qualifications achieved after 2017) or 240 (for qualifications achieved before 2017)., .
- Qualification Gained: Professional Qualification
- Show Hide locations
Our team are adept at applying their knowledge of mechanical, electrical and public health (MEP) to a diverse range of sectors including commercial, residential, research, education and infrastructure. As well as designing, supplying and installing and commissioning MEP works.
We have proven, tried and tested management procedures which we tailor to our client’s needs in order to deliver best in-class MEP designed installations. The range of services available is totally flexible to suit our client’s requirements, the aim being to design and install state of the art MEP controls and installations using the latest energy efficient systems modelled within the latest computer software programme.
We pride ourselves on the great quality of our specialist people. We have a handpicked MEP team renowned for their technical knowledge and specialism in utilising the very latest technologies and pre-fabrication. The MEP team are used to being part of one integrated construction team.
The apprentices work on exciting projects in and around London gaining experience of managing MEPsystems. Modern buildings are full of complex engineering systems from heating and cooling to lighting control, audio visual, IT and power systems.
Our trainees have worked on projects including The Shard, Nova, Three Quays, Oxford research centres, forensic labs and MET police centres of excellence.
As an Apprentice Building Services Engineer you will be involved in all project related MEP management services. To ensure apprentices are fully aware of the different elements of our service offering they will be given the opportunity to spend a period of time in each of the different areas.
Responsibilities will include:
- Being part of the design team, delivering complex and detailed building service systems
- Assisting in procurement of the integral parts and packages associated with building services
- Advising the design teams on co-ordination and pre-fabrication of services within building design.
- Assisting in planning and programming building services within the construction programme
- Management of sub-contractors/ trades
- Management of health & safety on site
- Assisting with the production of monthly project audits and reports
- Delivering building service engineering for a range of different buildings and clients
- Commissioning management and witnessing
- Testing integrated systems including building control sign off
- Assist in gaining practical completion
- Managing project close out and the defect period.
Level 4 Building Services Engineering apprentices will be sponsored to work towards a Level 4 HNC in Building Services Engineering