Engineering Apprenticeship - Emergency Response
- Salary: Competitive
- Deadline: CLOSED
- Entry Requirements: 5 GCSEs minimum grade C/4 or equivalent - 2 of which must be Maths and English Language OR an NVQ/BTEC Level 2 qualification including GCSE Maths and English Language minimum grade C/4 or equivalent, .
- Qualification Gained: Professional Qualification
- Show Hide locations
Here at Cadent we’re like a sleeping giant. We’re at the start of a really exciting journey of transformation, growth and evolution.
We’re new but we’re 200 years old. We’re the UK’s largest gas network connecting and keeping energy flowing to our customer’s 12 million homes and businesses across the UK. That’s half the UK, Not bad going really.
We’re proud of our story so far and we’re super powered up about what our future holds. That’s where you come in. You’ll support our growth and innovation and help us to create better, safer tomorrows, today. With us you’ll start your career with real purpose and direction. You’ll feel genuinely proud about what you do!
About our Engineering Apprenticeship
As an Emergency Response Apprentice on our two year programme, you’ll see first-hand what it’s like to keep the nation safe. You’ll train alongside our team of experts to become a first responder, attending gas escapes across our network.
In a nutshell, once fully trained, you’ll be the first person on-site. It’s no small feat as you can imagine, so you definitely won’t be afraid of working independently, with support on hand if needed. Your knowledge, cool under pressure methodical mind-set and sharp decision making skills will ensure you find the right solution to keep our Cadent customers delighted.
You’ll become one of our gas experts immersing yourself in the world of emergency support. Your day will be full of variety including risk assessments and gas escape management, property and appliance inspection and gas meter installation and maintenance. If variety is what you’re looking for then this is the apprenticeship for you.
At the end of your apprenticeship you’ll have achieved a whole host of qualifications including a BTEC. All of which will support you moving forward with a career at Cadent.
We’re looking for people who act with pride, purpose and ownership to join our Apprenticeship Programme, along with:
- 5 GCSEs minimum grade C/4 or equivalent - 2 of which must be Maths and English Language OR an NVQ/BTEC Level 2 qualification including GCSE Maths and English Language minimum grade C/4 or equivalent
- High levels of personal and professional energy – you’ll have lots of drive and motivation too!
- A shared sense of purpose – we’re on an exciting journey of growth – do you want to be part of it?
- A passion for engineering and customer service - We’re looking for people who can delight our customers!
- Team Spirit – We support each other, with all our strengths and differences, to succeed
Rewards and Benefits
Your hard work should be rewarded. We’ll reward you with fully expensed travel and accommodation, 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays, access to our flexible benefits scheme, a pension plan and £200 towards driving lessons. What are you waiting for?
Be part of something big. Join us and help shape the future of gas for generations to come.
Click on the ‘apply on-line’ button to start your application.
Cadent is an equal opportunities employer.