Finance Advanced Apprenticeship
- Salary: £17,940
- Deadline: CLOSED
- Length of Programme: 1 Year
- Entry Requirements: GCSE's, -
- Qualification Gained: N/A
- Show Hide locations
Why choose us
The effects of climate change impact our lives every day – from the air we breathe, to the food we eat and the world we live in. At National Grid, we run and operate the UK’s energy system, delivering power to every corner of the country. This means we play a central role in helping to solve the challenges facing our climate. It’s why we’re acting today to help build a cleaner, greener Britain.
We’re investing in transformative engineering and cutting-edge technology to help the country hit its net zero carbon target by 2050. But to achieve this goal we need the right people. We need people with passion and potential to help us win the race to halt climate change. For us, it is the job that can’t wait.
About the role
You will be responsible for inbound and outbound customer calls for credit and debit card transactions, unallocated and suspense accounts on behalf of National Grid’s (NG) Gas and Electricity Regulated and Non-Regulated businesses. You will also undertake various procedures, queries and requests for information associated with credit and risk management services.
What you'll do
- Support the provision of credit and risk, cash collection and debt management services by undertaking a variety of routine and ad-hoc transactional services, including the administration of credit and risk management data, customer/third party details and associated payment records.
- Support the Credit & Risk Officer and Billings & Cash Collections Officer in engaging with internal and external customers and stakeholders to progress queries through to resolution and the collection of cash.
- Support the provision of a robust credit risk management service for the business by contributing towards the identification of risks and opportunities.
- Contribute towards the development of a highly motivated, innovative and customer-focused team
- Proactively seek opportunities to enhance operational efficiency through the identification of best practice to drive increased value for the business.
What you'll get
You will receive a starting salary of £17,940 and you will work towards a level 3 qualification worth approximately £20,000. You will also have access to a number of additional benefits such as 25 days’ holiday, full board accommodation whilst away at our training academy and all travel expenses paid for when you’re not at your base location.
National Grid’s ambition is to drive, develop and operate our business in a way that results in a more inclusive culture. We are committed to building a workforce which represents the communities we serve and a working environment in which each individual feels respected, fairly treated, valued and able to reach their full potential.
You must be willing to relocate your primary location to within a 45 minute journey time to the location of the role.
You must have, or be predicted to gain, a Grade C or above/4-9 GCSE in English Language and Maths.
In addition to the GCSE requirements, you must also have one of the following sets of qualifications:
3 other GCSE's - must be in IT, Technical Drawing, Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Science, English Literature, Geography or History (Grade C or above)
Business diploma/qualification i.e. BTEC (Pass or above)
The closing date for this vacancy is Sunday 16th February, however we encourage candidates to submit their application as early as possible and not to wait until the published closing date. National Grid's recruitment periods canand may vary. We reserve the right to remove this advert or close it to further applications at any point during the recruitment process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability, long term health condition and/or require any reasonable adjustments to complete any part of our application process, please make us aware as soon as possible so we can make the relevant adjustments.
Please also contact us if you require this, or any other document in an alternative format such as large print, braille, audio or easy read.