Graduate Job new
Air and Ground Steward
- Entry Requirements: Be a UK, Republic of Ireland or Commonwealth citizen , Commit minimum 3 years post Phase Two Training (or 4 years if in receipt of the £5k joining bonus) after specialist training.
- Salary: Pay during training £15,200+ & Benefits Initial pay after training £18,800+ & Benefits
- Deadline: CLOSED
- Show Hide locations
Can you keep calm under pressure? Are you able to organise and manage teams in high stress situations? Then an Air and Ground Steward in the RAF is the role for you.
You will work as part of our Specialist Field Catering Squadron and in Military Messes across the globe. You will be able to work in Military Messes supporting food services with our industry partners and delivering fine dining events for Military personnel. You could work in a field kitchen supporting exercises and on operations worldwide and you could volunteer to become Cabin Crew on the Royal Air Force’s flagship aircraft “Voyager”. With experience you could volunteer to work in our residence VIP Team and work for high-ranking Officers who entertain Government Ministers and even members of the Royal Family.
With Voyager experience you could volunteer to work as Cabin Crew on the Royal Squadron and routinely fly the Prime Minister and Member of the Cabinet to Government summits all over the world. Initially your day-to-day tasks will be ground based and will vary with your role, but they may include: Preparing and clearing areas for table service, service of food at the table, providing a silver service, maintaining food safety, holding and serving food, accommodation duties and reception duties.
- Be aged 17.5 – 35 years old (Must attest before 36th birthday)
- No formal qualifications required
- If you are a qualified caterer please see full requirements for entry below
- Be a citizen of the United Kingdom or the Republic of Ireland, holder of dual UK/ other nationality or have been a Commonwealth citizen since birth
- Commit to three years service post Phase Two training
- Pass the Airman Selection Test
- Pass a General Fitness Test