IT Support Apprentice- Birmingham
- Salary: £16,500.00
- Deadline: CLOSED
- Length of Programme: 2 Years
- Entry Requirements: -, -
- Qualification Gained: Professional Qualification
- Show Hide locations
Pinsent Masons is a law firm that prides itself in being a global success story that started off relatively small and over the last few decades have grown exponentially. With 24 offices worldwide, our success can be attributed to our employees, as well as the diversity of services we have provided to global sectors. These include energy, infrastructure, financial services, real estate, advanced manufacturing and technology.
We pride ourselves on being an innovative law firm who put people at the heart of the business. This was reflected in our most recent accolades for ‘Best Law firm for Tech’ and 'Law firm of The Year'. We were also short listed shortlisted ‘Most Innovative’, ‘Excellence in Diversity’, and ‘Employee Engagement’.
Underpinning the success of the Firm's expansion and success is an established IT Department who ensure their staff are sufficiently supported and equipped to carry out their roles to an optimum using the latest technologies and software.
We have a track record of developing our IT staff, and feel it is a natural progression for us to introduce apprentice positions into the team. Ideally we are looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic individual with a passion for people, IT and problem solving to be based in our London IT Support team.
You will be part of a team of 3 established IT Support Analysts supporting 500 staff across our two agile offices to ensure the smooth running and maintenance of all IT related hardware and systems on a daily basis. This can range from configuring laptops and mobile phones to resolving system or software conundrums.
You may have gained your interest in IT from your school or college, or you may be the one in your family that everyone goes to for "gadget" advice or who has built your computer from scratch. Either way if you have an aptitude for IT and enjoy assisting people, this opportunity will unlock your skills and begin your progression into the field of IT support.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Provide support by both telephone (sometimes using remote control software) and desk side visits where appropriate to ensure quick resolution of problems. Support should also be provided for all Pinsent Mason's mobile devices and software applications.
- Configure and maintain HP desktops and laptops both in the office and when customers are working remotely. This will include support of Citrix and VPN Remote Access.
- Install, configure, support and troubleshoot software application and services including, all core bespoke business applications, Windows 7, Windows 10, Office 2010, Word Compare, Adobe, Worksite, Aderant, Carpe Diem, Webex, Internet Explorer, Windows 2010 Server, Terminal Services and Anti Virus software.
- Install, configure & support VoIP telephone system (including Cisco Jabber). Setup different Cisco models of phones and manage the administration of these using Call Manager v11.
- Install, configure & support all company mobile phones. Troubleshoot complex mobile device issues from both the device and our Mobile Device Management System.
- Manage all IT hardware ensuring this is audited and that minimum stock levels are maintained.
- Ensure IT security practices and processes are followed by customers and clients in line with the Firm's Information Security Policy (ISP).
- Troubleshoot and manage the firms Ricoh MFD printers and scanning solution C5503.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software problems for routers, switches, servers and UPS equipment and install, configure & support networking devices with specific reference to Cisco hardware.
- Where necessary work with other teams within the IT Department to achieve call resolution providing detailed and precise information to enable those teams to ensure a prompt resolution.
- Use remote resolution methodologies such as SCCM to apply software upgrades, system changes and amendments as provided by other IT teams in accordance with Change Control procedures.
- Log all calls into the Service Management software (vFire) to ensure that statistics and analysis of all calls can be made.
- Monitor your call queue and that of your immediate colleagues when appropriate to ensure the highest level of service is maintained.
- Ensure the departmental processes and working practices are followed at all times and that any changes to systems or services are submitted to the Change Advisory Board (CAB) in the first instance.
- Utilise the knowledge base, call management and traceability features of vFire to ensure that information learned can be reused for future calls. Document methods such that all relevant information (technical and informative) is entered into the knowledge bank to provide an effective means of sharing information across the department.
- Does not necessarily need to have a previous technical background but can demonstrate personal interest in IT.
- This will be a customer facing role so good communication is a must.
- Someone with a strong sense of what it takes to deliver good customer service.
- Enthusiastic, willing to learn and passionate about a career in IT.
- Organised and methodical, with the ability to work to targets and goals.
- Self sufficient with ability to use initiative and to apply a lateral thought process to problem resolution.
- Ability to be yourself but also understands the importance of professionalism.
- Highly reliable with direct, honest and dedicated work ethic and approach.
- Flexible outlook with willingness to cover additional workload when required.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated team player.
- Patient, with the ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Professional smart appearance.
- English and maths at GCSE grades 4 - 9 / C - A
- Educated to A-level/BTEC standard with at least 2 grades C or above;