Quantity Surveyor - Apprenticeship
- Salary: Competitive
- Deadline: CLOSED
- Entry Requirements: -, -
- Qualification Gained: Degree
- Show Hide locations
Deliver a sustainable future
This is an opportunity to join as an Apprentice Quantity Surveyor in Coventry, working with surveyors to ensure that contracts are placed in a timely manner, delivering clean water and waste water projects.
We have big ambitions for our network, so you’ll be part of large-scale transformation projects from start to finish. For motivated Apprentices with ambitious goals, the technical challenge and scope for progression through these Apprenticeships is something to get really excited about across our network
What you'll be doing
Working with Surveyors and Project Managers you will work across a range of projects providing pre and post contract expertise. Where you'll have the ability to be part of the process from start to finish, taking designs all the way through to completion and final account.
• Assist with providing commercial and financial reporting information
• Working with surveyors to ensure that contracts are placed in a timely, accurate and efficient manner
• Administer the contract, supporting the Project Manager in assessing andissuing contractual notifications
•Support in the completion of monthly Cost and Value reports using the appropriate ST software.
•Assist with preparation, maintenance and agreement of Final accounts
•Assist with control of project documentation
•Supports Team carrying out variety of tasks to aid with Learning development
How we'll support you
1. Induction event: A two-week induction designed to introduce you to our business, show you how we work and help you get the best.
2. An Apprentice buddy: Someone to share your experiences with and support you in achieving your ambitions.
3. Regular performance reviews with your manager: Bi-annual reviews to help you outline clearly-defined goals and measure how you’re developing against them.
4. National Qualifications: We’ll also help you to pursue nationally recognised qualifications.
Training and Development
This is a Degree apprenticeship programme based in Coventry. As you develop and complete this qualification, you’ll have the option to progress on to further courses.
This scheme focus on developing the key skills and experience that you’ll require to be a technical expert here, either through working in operational teams or on some of our key projects. This will allow you to combine on-the-job learning with formal, nationally recognised development training modules.
You’ll also be given a Personal Development Plan, to help you drive and own your career progression. This will be set and agreed with your line manager and reviewed regularly to inform quarterly performance reviews.
Wonderful for all
We’re building an inclusive company.We’ve created a culture that encourages all of our people to think of every single day as an opportunity to do something better.
Our most ambitious goals depend on forward-thinking ideas, no matter who they come from. As employers, we welcome people from all walks of life and promote diversity and inclusion.