- Salary: £10.55 per hour
- Deadline: CLOSED
- Length of Programme: 2 Years
- Entry Requirements: GCSEs, -
- Qualification Gained: Professional Qualification
- Show Hide locations
Tideway is a new company that launched in August 2015 with the sole task of cleaning up the River Thames by tackling the current sewage pollution, and more importantly, to reconnect London with its river for business and leisure.
It is one of the largest construction projects of its type in Europe, but the Thames Tideway Tunnel is not just an engineering project, it’s about building a better London
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Junior Content Producer Apprentice at Tideway, we will provide you with the tools to develop into a skilled professional in content production
It is an exciting time to join Content Production the industry is challenging and ever changing, in this apprenticeship you will learn something new every day.
The Content Production Apprenticeship could lead to a career in advertising, marketing or in a digital agency.
If you would like to join a company where there will be lots of opportunity to develop, stretch and progress read on
What does the apprenticeship involve?
The apprenticeship requires a commitment to study, which could include time away from the office. You will be expected to balance work responsibilities and academic studies, but we will support you along the way.
This is an exciting new opportunity for an apprentice to join the external affairs team at Tideway, to develop skills in content production and be part of a diverse, quick-paced and motivated team.
Location of the role
You will be based at our newly refurbished offices in London Bridge
Junior Content Production Apprenticeship Level 3
Whilst also learning the skills of digital content production, you could develop your abilities in copywriting and internal communications.
As the junior content producer, you will be expected to:
• Find interesting stories both on construction sites and with a human-interest angle
• Develop a strong interviewing technique
• Create online video content for both internal and external audiences
• Write news copy for the website, Tideway newspaper and community publications
• Edit copy produced internally
• Create content for Tideway’s social media channel
What type of person are we looking for…?
This role will be ideal for someone he would like to study the Level 3 Junior Content Producer Apprenticeship, whilst earning on the job and putting the skills you learn into practice with both print and digital content.
We always support colleagues to develop their talent, but the following skills would ensure you have the necessary skills for the apprenticeship
If you are enthusiastic, a quick learner, able to work independently and have excellent written and verbal communication skills then read on ….
This will be a varied and challenging position, with lots of travel across London and an ability to put others at ease. You will need to be passionate about telling stories and committed to creating content under tight timescales.
- Creativity and flair
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to write effectively for a variety of audiences.
- Planning / organisational skills; ability to manage own time/ commitments; focussed on meeting deadlines
- Attention to detail.
- Competent in absorbing and retaining, accurately recording and communicating complicated information
- Courteous, tactful and diplomatic
- Willing to work flexible hours to get job done.
What you will need
• Minimum of 5 GCSEs A*-C (4-9) including Maths and English or equivalent qualifications
• Be eligible to work in the UK and will not be in full-time education by September 2019
• Have lived in the UK and/or EU for 3 years prior to September 2019
What we will offer you
• Tuition fees paid
• Competitive salary
• Funding for books
• Retail discounts ranging from high street retailers
• 30 days annual leave
• 5 Volunteering days per year
• Company laptop