Corporate Finance Analyst (M&A/DD) Placement
- Entry Requirements: 112 UCAS (new tariff) across 3 A Levels or 104 (new tariff) across 4 Highers/Advanced Highers., A predicted honours degree.
- Salary: Competitive
- Deadline: 30/11/2019
- Show Hide locations
Corporate finance – start shaping your business career
Join our due diligence or merger and acquisitions team on a 12-month paid placement as part of your sandwich degree course and discover what it’s really like to work in business. Gain hands-on experience, build a network of contacts and get advice from our expert mentors. If you perform well, you could be given the chance to join one of our student training programmes that will help you kick-start your business career.
What does our corporate finance team do?
Our team is one of the most active corporate finance advisers in the UK, advising on more than 1,000 deals in the past five years. Our national network is broadly split into five distinct teams, two of which are our merger and acquisitions (M&A) and due diligence (DD) teams.
- Due Diligence (DD) - We support investors, banks and large corporates that are looking to buy or invest in a business. We identify potential issues that could impact on the purchase price, assess financial risks, and lay the groundwork for the successful integration of the acquired business.
- Merger and Acquisitions (M&A) - We advise private shareholders and management teams that are looking to sell their business, make acquisitions, raise money for growth or carry out a management buy-out. We help them through all stages of the deal, including preparing for the transaction, researching options and negotiating the terms. Our work helps ensure our clients secure the best possible deal.
If successful in being invited to one of our assessment centres, your skills and experience will be assessed through various exercises on the day. Depending on our recruitment requirements at the time, our experienced assessors will select you for either DD or M&A.
What can you expect?
Whichever team you join (DD or M&A), you’ll be working on live projects from day one. In these fast-paced roles, you’ll learn what makes a business attractive to investors and buyers, and the possible funding options for companies looking to grow. You’ll be working with businesses and entrepreneurs from a broad range of industries and sectors as well as liaising with experts from other fields, such as law and banking. This hands-on early experience is invaluable as you take the next steps in your career. You’ll also benefit from on-the-job training from more senior members of the team and gain access to our internal training courses that will help you develop in the role.
What we look for
We’re on the lookout for students with a ‘can-do’ attitude who are prepared to work hard and take on high levels of responsibility. We also look for team players who enjoy interacting with others and are curious about how businesses work. You’ll be working on multiple projects at the same time, so time management and organisational skills are key. Confidence with numbers and business awareness is a must, but you’ll also need excellent communication skills and be able to forge strong working relationships with people from all backgrounds. Competency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint is essential. If that sounds like you, we know you’ll enjoy being part of our team.
Our vacancies are subject to change as we recruit on a rolling basis. For those who perform well across all of the tasks at our assessment centre, should your first geographic preference be unavailable, you will be offered a role in one of our specialist teams at one of our Corporate Finance hubs. Our specialist hubs are across the country in Birmingham, Bristol, Edinburgh, Gatwick, Glasgow, Leeds, London, Manchester, Newcastle, Preston, Reading, Southampton and Stoke on Trent.
At RSM, we don't just look for good exam results. We think passion, personality and originality are just as important.
You will need:
- 112 UCAS (new tariff) across 3 A Levels or 104 (new tariff) across 4 Highers/Advanced Highers.
- A predicted honours degree.
UCAS changed their points system so under the old tariff it would be 280 or 260 points respectively.