Apprentice Civil Engineer Level 3 - Herefordshire
- Salary: Competitive
- Deadline: CLOSED
- Length of Programme: 3 Years
- Entry Requirements: 5 GCSEs including Maths, English and Sciences (GCSEs at grades C or above or grade 4 or above)., -
- Qualification Gained: Professional Qualification
- Show Hide locations
Apprentice Civil Engineer Level 3 - Role will be based in Herefordshire
Take a look at what we do at:
Balfour Beatty is the UKs largest construction and infrastructure business. Each day our projects change peoples lives and communities for the better. We built the famous London Aquatic Centre and youll find our mark in all kinds of infrastructure like schools and hospitals, major roads, rail and power networks. Each year we seek the best apprentices to come and join our ever changing business.
About the role:
We have a new exciting opportunity to work as a Civil Engineering Apprentice. This role will give you the opportunity to work for a market leading company, whilst gaining valuable skills and experience to ensure you develop to your full potential throughout the apprenticeship.
You will be expected to assist site engineers in supporting the delivery of the annual portfolio of resurfacing schemes to maintain Herefordshires roads and keep the county moving.
You will be involved with different construction process dependant on the site team for which they are engaged. The tasks will vary but will include engineering control, providing the site team with construction information, assist in Quality control and supporting Health & Safety and sustainability initiatives.
What the apprenticeship will offer:
You will study for and be expected to pass BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Construction and the Built Environment Civil Engineering within 3 years.
What you'll be doing
Your responsibilities as Civil Engineering Apprentice include:
- Assist graduate and site engineers in major Highway renewal and maintenance schemes
- Carry out basic engineering checks as directed
- Carry out surveys and site measurements
- Provide site operatives and supply chain colleagues with information from drawings, schedules and the specification
- Complete quality check sheets and enter into as-built files
- Produce as-built drawings and records for activities
- Keep accurate records (diaries, photographs and records of site discussions)
- Work to weekly programme drafted by others
- Produce accurate daily records of resources employed including subcontractors
- Provide details of outputs achieved to colleagues
Who we're looking for
Who were looking for:
- The following qualities/experience are essential:
- 5 GCSEs including Maths, English and Sciences (GCSEs at grades C or above or grade 4 or above).
- As well as strong numeracy and well-developed team and people skills, you have the passion and enthusiasm to keep the momentum going on a project. You will be able to set the pace as well as the standards for the team.
- You will also have the ability to describe what interests and motivates you to the construction industry.
Why work for us
Salary & benefits:
We offer a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package. Your professional institution fees and training will be covered.
For more information about what you can expect as a Balfour Beatty Apprentice and whats involved in the scheme click here and you can also view the profiles of some of our current apprentices across the Group.
Should you require any additional support with your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunities employer, is a Disability Confident level 2 Employer and a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture.
Balfour Beatty is a leading member of The 5% Club, which is now in operation in over 200 companies.