Laboratory Scientist, In vivo biologist - Higher Apprenticeship
- Salary: Competitive
- Deadline: CLOSED
- Entry Requirements: Minimum of 5 GCSEs or equivalent at grades A*-C (9-5) including English language (not literature), Science and Maths, Must have/be predicted to achieve a minimum of 96 UCAS points from your top 3 A-Levels (or equivalent) not including General Studies
- Qualification Gained: Professional Qualification
- Show Hide locations
A minimum of 5 GCSEs or equivalent at grades A*-C (9-5) including English language (not literature), Science and Maths. Must have/be predicted to achieve a minimum of 96 UCAS points from your top 3 A-Levels (or equivalent) not including General Studies. You must have an A Level (or equivalent) at grade C in Biology
What does our Laboratory Science, In Vivo biologist higher apprenticeship have to offer?
Our laboratory science higher apprenticeship will equip you with the skills and knowledge to tackle a variety of scientific challenges working in our research and development or manufacturing laboratories – the heartbeat of our company.
Achieve your career goals on our apprentice programme
You’ll receive tailored on-the-job training from our in-house experts, combined with early responsibility to help you develop and progress. You’ll be working towards a nationally recognised qualification- Studying for a Foundation degree (FdSc) in Applied bioscience technology
Working with both your line and programme manager we want to identify the right opportunities to help you succeed in the short term and throughout your career with us. You will also be assigned a buddy or a mentor who will be there to offer support and guidance throughout your apprenticeship.
What will you do?
- Learn skills to provide animal care, welfare and husbandry whilst also gaining the expertise to perform in vivo scientific procedures and knowledge of Animal Scientific Procedures Act
- After appropriate training, you will be responsible for designing and conducting in vivo experiments
- Biological sampling and associated data analysis and interpretation
- Archive and manage samples
- Operate specialist equipment to develop new products, technologies and processes
- Report writing
You’ll be excited by the thought of:
- Building your scientific knowledge
- Learning how to prioritise and manage multiple projects, objectives and deadlines
- Shaping your own development and choosing courses and opportunities in line with your needs and interests
- Learning new skills and concepts
We’re 100% open to all talent
We’re 100% open to all talent – whatever your gender, marital status, religion, age, colour, race, sexual orientation, nationality or disability. We want to recruit the right people for GSK from the widest possible backgrounds, so we can better serve the diversity of our patients and consumers and also, because it’s the right thing to do.