Human Resources Apprenticeship
- Salary: Competitive
- Deadline: Ongoing
- Entry Requirements: N/A, N/A
- Qualification Gained: Professional Qualification
- Show Hide locations
Role: HR Apprentice
Location: London (One Angel Lane, London)
Start Date: ASAP Feb / March 2019 (anticipated start date)
Qualification: Study towards CIPD - Level 3 or 5 depending on experience
Duration: tbc - this will depend on the qualification (L3: 12 months; L5: 18 - 24 months)
Future prospects: Full time offer, pending performance, head count and successful completion of the relevant qualification(s).
Minimum qualifications required: Interested candidates should have achieved A to C grades in their A-levels and have a keen interest in HR. If you have just Gradauted, you are still eligible to apply and we welcome your application, provided you have a keen interest in a career in HR.
Nomura is an Asia-headquartered financial services group with an integrated global network spanning over 30 countries. By ‘Connecting Markets East & West’, Nomura services the needs of individuals, institutions, corporates and governments through its three business divisions: Retail, Asset Management, and Wholesale (Global Markets and Investment Banking). Founded in 1925, the firm is built on a tradition of disciplined entrepreneurship, serving clients with creative solutions and considered thought leadership.
Role / Principal Accountabilities:
This role will sit within the strategic HR Advisory team and will be responsible for partnering with the HR Shared Services team in our Powai office to ensure the workflow of employee lifecycle activities between the strategic HR Advisor teams and the HR administrator team is completed. The role requires interaction with HR colleagues and clients across the whole Company and at all levels.
- Act as an escalation point for our Global HR Shared Services team which is off-shored to our office in India
- HR administration processes for all on-shore employee life-cycle activity including (meeting with joiners on Day 1, Maternity meetings, facilitation of offer letters)
- Supporting HR Advisory team with HR related queries and preparing letters and documentation for employees
- Ensuring accurate and timely notifications are provided to the Global HR Shared Services team for processing in a timely manner
- Supporting the Talent team on delivering ‘Welcome to Nomura’ Day One Induction programme
- Supporting the HR Advisory teams on business as usual activity in addition to ad hoc project work (year-end activity, advancement, data quality maintenance).
- PC literate – knowledge of Microsoft Windows.
- Ability to run with a number of tasks concurrently.
- Numerate with excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage expectations appropriately.
- Willingness to learn.
- Team player.
Right to Work - The successful candidate must have the right to work in the UK.
Please contact us if you are visiting our offices and require any form of personal assistance or physical adaptations to be provided for your appointment. A member of staff will be happy to help.