Graduate Job new
University Application Counsellor
- Entry Requirements:Hold a minimum 2:1 class first degree - Master’s level or above is desirable, Native English speakers only
- Show Hide locations
FREELANCE WORK OPPORTUNITIES
Arete is an international education and professional development organisation which enables Chinese students around the world to realise their full potential.
Our services are in four main areas: Training & Professional Development, University Application Services, Internships & Work Placements and Summer & Extra-curricular Programmes.
The Role: University Application Counsellor
Our University Application Counsellors are freelance consultants who counsel our students – assessing their English and personal skills, achievements, experiences and ambitions and enabling them to present these to western admissions officers in compelling, well-composed narratives.
• Be native English speakers
• Hold a minimum 2:1 class first degree - Master’s level or above is desirable
• Be able to work independently, producing expected outputs under time pressure and to deadlines, using initiative to find information as needed
• Be able to write and edit to a high standard in a variety of styles to suit the personality and ability of the individual student
• Be able to produce convincing narratives that the individual student can justify and present to admissions officers
• Be sensitive to cultural differences and engage the student with patience and empathy
Preferred candidates will have a strong background or experience in one or more of the following subjects or industries: Electronical and Electronic Engineering; Computer Science; Accounting & Finance; Business Analytics / Data; General Business / Consultancy; Architecture; Economics; Mathematics; Media; Civil Engineering.
Compensation is competitive and based on your experience, the quality of your work and the capacities and aspirations of the students you support.
If you are interested in this role please send your CV and a covering note explaining why you are suitable for it to email@example.com.