Summer Vacation Scheme
- Entry Requirements: -, -
- Salary: £400 per week
- Deadline: CLOSED
- Show Hide locations
It’s never too early to start becoming a brilliant lawyer. Join us on the Herbert Smith Freehills summer vacation scheme and Look at Law differently.
Explore our firm for yourself, build your connections and find your vocation, with hands-on training from leading lawyers. You’ll have the opportunity to be offered a training contract at the end of the scheme.
Who are Herbert Smith Freehills?
We are a leading, full-service, global law firm working on some of the world’s biggest cases and deals. With an award-winning depth of expertise across a wide variety of sectors, geographies and legal specialisms, our progressive approach sets us apart.
Inclusivity is our defining characteristic: here, you’ll be a part of everything. By combining different perspectives and potential from diverse backgrounds, we’re able to view and practice law differently. This allows us to break new ground, whether it’s a complex international dispute or a billion-pound, cross-border deal. Now, we want to add your expertise to the mix.
What are the benefits?
- Salary: £400 per week
- Opportunity to be offered a training contract upon completion of the scheme
What will I be doing?
Our vacation schemes immerse you in our work, networks and the international world of law. Key features:
- You’ll sit with a partner or a senior associate, delivering real work for key clients.
- You’ll attend workshops and presentations covering all our practice areas. You’ll also spend some time working on a pro bono research project.
- We’ll give you the chance to apply to spend time in our network of international offices in addition to the London vacation scheme. This is a great opportunity to experience first-hand our truly global network.
- You’ll be invited to various networking events with partners, associates and trainees.
- We guarantee a training contract interview to all vacation scheme participants. This will take place at the end of your vacation scheme.
- Scheme one runs: 17 June – 5 July 2019
- Scheme two runs: 8 July – 26 July 2019
- Apply for either scheme between: 12 November 2018 – 4 January 2019
- Assessment centres: January – March 2019 (open to penultimate year undergraduates, finalists and graduates)
This year, we’ll only be recruiting our future trainees from our vacation schemes and all candidates will have the opportunity at the end of their vacation scheme to interview for a training contract. These schemes have been specifically designed to build and test the unique combination of skills and potential required to succeed at Herbert Smith Freehills. It’s really important to us that you have the combination of skills and potential that we’re looking for: it will enable you to become a better lawyer, build stronger connections with our team and hit the ground running when you start your career here.
It’s a two-way process. The scheme gives you the chance to get to know us and see what life for you would be like at Herbert Smith Freehills before you make a decision about your career.
For those who are unable to attend a vacation scheme, please get in touch with Shaunna Morey at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your individual circumstances, which we will consider on a case-by-case basis.