How to Apply?
McDonald’s is the leading restaurant chain by revenue that specializes in fast food. The company that started as a hamburger stand now operates in more than 100 countries. With 1.7 million employees, Mcdonald’s is just second to Walmart as the largest private employer.
You can work at McDonald’s assuming various roles such as crew member, cashier, shift manager, general manager, maintenance, and beverage specialist, area supervisor, cook, fast food attendant, etc.
To apply for a job, you can visit the nearest Mcdonald’s restaurant and ask for the application form and available positions. Just ask the cashier or restaurant manager to hand you the application.
However, if you don’t want to visit in person, you can also go to their website and apply online. For McDonald’s restaurants that are directly under McDonald’s corporation, applying online is the best way.
For online applications, visit the online jobs portal and look for available career options. You can search for the job using keywords, job categories, or titles. Once you find the open position, click apply now, provide the important information regarding your experience and contact information, and upload your CV.
Job Requirement for McDonald’s Application
Perhaps, there is no better option than starting your career with McDonald’s. There are dozens of positions available with different schedules, duties, and salaries. So whether you want an entry-level job or an experienced job, you have plenty of options. The basic requirements are as follows:
- Certain positions such as crew members only require a diploma and other necessary skills to hire you. In contrast, other jobs like department managers demand the candidate to be at least a graduate.
- To be a part of McDonald’s crew, you must have good communication skills, interpersonal skills, and a strong skill set.
- You must be fluent in English. It is better if you know Spanish too
- You need to have a better understanding of cashier register, mathematical skills and can lift some weight
- You must know how to deal with rude customers, handle pressure/job stress and show hospitality to customers
- You must show flexibility for work schedules
How Old You Must Be To Work At McDonald’s?
McDonald’s has not given any minimum working age for hiring. However, most of the employees hired at the franchise are 16 and over.
In most states, the minimum age to work at franchises is 16, but some states also allow employees to work at 14 years of age as cashiers or in other general positions. For management-related jobs, you must be 18 in most locations.
How to Apply Online
To apply online, visit the website, log in and start filling out the application form. Make sure you have at least one hour since the application is quite extensive to fill.
- Select the location that will take you to jobs available in that area
- Click on the job, read the job description and the application procedure
- Enter your full name, social security number, and other personal information. After that, you will be taken to several pages showing their application policies and then the actual application form
- In the first part, enter general information such as phone number and availability
- In the second part, enter your education and employment history. Also, fill in details about your criminal history
- Once you pass the criminal record page, you have to provide an electronic signature and then take the assessment test consisting of 64 questions. You have to answer the question by choosing one of the two options, and your application will be completed.
- You will get an email after your application is submitted. You may hear from them within the next 7-10 days. If they don’t contact you, call the local store you applied to and ask about the application. If they haven’t heard anything about your application, apply again.