How to Apply at AutoZone?
AutoZone is amongst the leading retailers and distributors of automotive replacement parts. It works in all the states of the US but also Colombia, Mexico, Brazil, and Puerto Rico. The company continues to grow and always welcomes new skilled employees to its team.
To apply online for a job at AutoZone, you need to visit their official website. While you strive to apply online, the online application may not appear on some browsers. Therefore, it’s better to use Internet Explorer or Firefox that supports the application format.
Once you find a vacant position, you need to create your ID. Once you create your ID, log in to fill out an application form and make sure that you have provided the correct personal information. You can also paste your resume and attach important documents required for the career option.
Job Requirements for AutoZone Application
AutoZone offers plenty of career opportunities, and you can choose one of several positions to apply for. Generally, you can work as a manager, customer service representative, store AutoZoner, parts delivery driver, parts sales representative, or truck driver.
The general requirements for most jobs are:
- For common entry-level positions such as parts sales associates, customer service representatives, and parts delivery drivers, candidates must have knowledge about automotive parts, can assess customer vehicles, have good communication skills, innate ability to connect with the customers and build rapport and ability to work in an organized and coordinated way.
- In addition to the requirements mentioned above, drivers who have a driver’s license and can lift and move products having 50 pounds weight are preferred.
- For career options in management such as store, field, and commercial managers, the candidate must have a minimum of three years experience in an automotive retail setting and have a high school diploma.
- For store manager and commercial manager positions, candidates must have great customer service, leadership skills, and managerial skills to motivate their subordinates and manage them.
- For the field manager career option, the candidate must have extensive knowledge of automotive parts to lead the team and drive sales.
How Old You Must Be To Work At AutoZone?
The minimum age to work at AutoZone is 18 years. However, if you want to work as a driver, you must be 21 years old
How to Fill Out the Application?
- To fill out the application form you need to go to the company’s career page and select the branch where you’d like to work, such as stores, distribution centers, store support centers, corporate jobs, etc. After picking up the branch, enter the location and create an account.
- To create an account, you need an email address and password. Once you have made your account, you can fill the application form in PDF format.
- The application form is quite simple, and you must fill it correctly. You need to enter your social security number, email address, phone number, residential address, scheduling and pay preferences, education, employment history, and more.
- In another section in the form, you can explain your work experience and why you are the best option for the job. You can also copy-paste your resume tailored to the job’s requirements.
- You also need to complete an assessment test once you have completed the application process. The assessment test enquires about your work preferences, ethics, and working abilities. Once you complete this test, your application process is finished.
- Since AutoZone doesn’t send automatic updates, you need to regularly log in to your account and view the application status or update your resume. You can also call the store manager and ask about the status of your application.