How to Apply for USPS?
USPS (United States Postal Service) has been active for more than two centuries. It is one of the oldest services that remain relevant by adapting to the needs of the Americans.
USPS jobs login offers many resources on their official page to help individuals complete their online application form. Applying online for the USPS is best because it speeds up the hiring procedure if you are looking for work.
They offer entry-level jobs to students who have graduated within two years from an accredited university with a doctorate, master’s, or bachelors. To apply online, you have to create a profile before starting the hiring process. Make sure to read the application for the job carefully and complete all the requirements for a specific job you are seeking.
You should closely monitor email accounts for correspondence. The lead time of the review process varies from job to job as there are many jobs and requirements for each opening. The hiring manager may ask you for some additional information or contact you to schedule an assessment test.
Job Requirements for United States Postal Service
If you are going to apply for a career in the United States Postal Service, you have to know some techniques and employment requirements before jumping in.
- You have to be 18 years old at the time of appointment.
- For entry-level positions, a high school diploma is necessary.
- It is essential to register yourself with selective service.
- You have to provide your recent employment history.
- For getting a position at USPS, you have to pass a criminal background check, medical assessment, and drug screening.
- You have to be a United States Citizen or permanent resident.
- You must have to provide a clean driving record.
- You may have to deal with basic machinery and perform consistent manual labor for the mail handler position.
- You must have communication skills.
- USPS seeks employees with excellent physical condition.
How Old Do You Have to Be to Work at USPS?
The minimum hiring age for USPS is 18 years old but, in some cases, United State Postal Service accept employees who are 16 years old as long as they hold a high school diploma.
If you are looking for a job that pays well, postal employment is perfect. You can get entry-level positions such as carrier, driver, postmaster, retail clerk, and many more that pay much more than any other minimum wage at the market. This postal service trains its employees to ensure that fresh workers gain work experience and develop essential professional skills.
How to Apply Online for the USPS?
The USPS is a perfect place to work as it offers excellent benefits and a professional working environment to its employees.
Visit the official website of the USPS and search for the job position that you want. Then, create an account and apply! Enter all the required information like the position you are applying for, personal information (name, mobile number, email, postal address), etc.
It is recommended to take time with the application that brings good results to the table. If you wish, you can apply for multiple jobs at a time. For a good experience, use a laptop or desktop rather than mobile.
Create an authentic profile because that’s the only way that USPS can get back to you about your application and job status.