How to Apply at Target?
Target is a popular discount retailer for everyday basics, groceries, and electronic products. The company has 2000 stores across the US and is known for various private label brands and partnerships. Because of its continuous growth, Target often hires new employees.
Since it’s a retail store, the most common positions available at Target stores are cart attendant, cashier, electronics associate, guest service attendant, package handler, sales associate, and sales floor representative.
To apply at Target stores, you can use the online or offline option. For offline applications, you can go to the Target store and fill out the form given by the store. Here we will show you the PDF application form just so you know what you will have to write.
Or you can apply online and then go to the interview if selected.
Here are the requirements for open positions at Target:
- The candidate must be able to work in fast-paced settings and be good in daily customer interactions.
- The candidate must be able to lift the weight and stand for long times.
- Entry-level jobs do not require prior experience or college degrees.
- The candidate must be able to handle the client’s queries and concerns.
- The candidate must have general organizing skills and math skills.
- Candidates with flexible timings are preferred.
- Managerial positions require past retail experience and a college degree.
Entry-level employees typically earn $9.00 an hour at Target. As a Target store employee, you get the following benefits:
- Medical insurance.
- Store discounts.
- Prescription drug coverage.
- Maternity support.
- 401(k) retirement plans.
- Life insurance.
How Old Do You Have To Be To Work?
The minimum age to work at Target stores for employees is 16 years. If the employees want to work at Target Distribution center, they must be at least 18 years old. Employees must also provide proof of legal authorization to work in the United States.
How to Fill Out the Online Application?
Here is the procedure for online application:
- To apply online, go to the Target career website. Click on “Explore career roles in stores” or “Explore career roles in distribution centers” for respective job openings.
- You can use location, country/state/city, compensation type, and schedule filter to search for the job.
- Hit on the job you are interested in applying for and review the description and requirements.
- Click “Apply Now” to fill the online form.
- You will be prompted to create your account before filling in all the blank spaces. Create your account and fill the form.
- Enter your personal information, educational information, employment experience, date of availability, and desired position.
- Complete the employment assessment by answering all the questions and then submit the application
- Review the application status by visiting your profile. You will be called for an in-store interview if you are selected.
In the case of an offline application, the store may interview you on the spot, or you may get a call from the hiring manager.