How to apply for Safeway?
Safeway is the largest grocery chain in the US that provides jobs for hundreds of employees across the nation. You can find both entry-level and career opportunities with Safeway grocery.
They offer checkers, cashiers, delivery drivers, courtesy clerks, managers, and pharmacy technicians. There are two ways you can apply for Safeway, online and in person. Applying online is the best option because it gives applicants the option to include resumes.
You can login to the official website of Safeway and make sure to fill out all the sections of the job form. Keep in mind that if you put wrong information on the form that will cause exclusion from the hiring process. You can find job applications by logging in to your online accounts. Applicants expect contact within a few weeks of applying for your job application.
Here are some of the job requirements you have to meet if you want to secure a job at Safeway.
- You must be at least 14-years old.
- You should know how to ring out customers and take payments.
- You must have some organizing skills like keeping your working stations neat and organized.
- The hiring manager seeks employees that have a passion for working with people and maintaining a friendly environment.
- If you want to apply for pharmacy technicians, you must have certification.
- You must keep areas clean, stock shelves, and assist customers.
- You must show good people skills.
- For advanced positions, you must have some experience in detailed transportation and stocks.
- Candidates must be patient with the customers and assist them with various tasks.
- Punctuality is the plus point if you won’t work at Safeway.
How old do you have to be to work at Safeway?
Safeway offers a flexible working schedule, great advancement opportunities, and excellent training to the newcomers in the grocery stores. The minimum hiring age of Safeway is 14 years old that the US department of labor permits.
Safeway limits the number of openings prospects of these minors, but entry-level positions serve as great opportunities for young students looking for employment at an early age.
How to apply online
- You can search on the official website of Safeway for new jobs and careers.
- Choose the type of position you want to apply for.
- Go to the minimum age section and select your age from the list and click the continue button.
- You can find the desired store by keyword or location.
- Go through all the current openings by moving down the page and select the position you want to apply for.
- Hit the apply button that leads to the next step.
- If applicable, select any additional location you want to apply for and then click the next button.
- Now log in with your Google, Facebook, or LinkedIn account.
- Now submit your email address, password, Pincode, how you heard about this opportunity, and then click the submit button to finish the registration process.
- The final step is to complete each section of the job application.
- When all the sections are fully completed, you can submit them for processing.
- If your application meets the requirements of the store you have applied for, the hiring manager will contact you for an interview.
How to apply in person
If online applications are not your thing, you can also download the paper application form in PDF format, fill it out and bring it to the Safeway store that you want to work in.