The Home Depot
The Home Depot is amongst the largest home improvement retailers in the world. With over 2,200 retail stores and more than 400,000 employees, the company offers a lot of career opportunities.
You can work at The Home Depot as a cashier, department manager, freight associate, sales associate, appliance technician, principal architect, service technician, merchandiser, lot attendant, store manager, and tool rental technician.
You can either apply online or offline. For offline applications, visit the nearest store and ask for the paper application form. If you want to do things quickly, it’s better to gather all the important documents beforehand and fill up the form without any errors.
Some general requirements to work at The Home Depot are:
- Entry-level career options do not require experience but better to have a high school diploma or GED.
- Most entry-level positions require candidates to be able to lift heavy objects of 80 pounds.
- Candidates with flexible timings are preferred.
- Candidates must have good communication skills, can handle clients’ inquiries and concerns.
- Candidates must be good at organizing things and keeping the store clean.
- Candidates interested in management positions must have prior retail experience and higher education.
- For a managerial position, the candidate must be able to manage the employees, maintain stocks and implement policies.
As you gain experience, you may get additional responsibilities and, in turn, additional job titles and pay. The company cannot hire people with a criminal record for management or security positions.
The Home Depot employees also enjoy the following benefits:
- Medical, dental, and vision plans.
- Health savings accounts.
- 401(k) retirement plans.
- Employee stock purchase plans.
How Old Must You Be To Work At The Home Depot?
Every employee that works at The Home Depot must have a minimum age of 18 years. However, under special permissions given by the state or specific Home Depot stores, candidates may be allowed to work above 16 years.
How to Fill Out the Application?
- Go to The Home Depot career website and click “Search and Apply Now.” Search the job by using keyword, location, and job type filter
- View the available career options and open the desired position and review the description
- Click “Apply Button” and log in to your account. If you don’t have a prior account, create a new account by clicking “Don’t have an account yet?”.
- After creating a new account, hit on “Let’s get started” to fill in the form.
- Before entering any details, answer the prompted questions
- Now enter your personal information, employment history, and education history and submit the form
- If you got selected after application review, you would get a call from the manager to set up the interview
In case of offline application, visit the nearest store and ask for a paper form at the application kiosk. The hiring manager will call you for the interview. If you do not receive any call, revisit the store to know your application status.