How to Apply at Dollar General?
Dollar General is a discount retailer that offers various merchandise, including seasonal items, home products, and apparel. The store retails its private brand selections as well brands from multiple manufacturers. Because of its affordable prices, it draws a lot of customers and, since the company is continuously growing, you can find plenty of job opportunities.
You can apply online or in person for open positions. To apply online, visit the company’s website and search the job by location and job title. After creating an account, you need to fill out the application form and submit it.
Job Requirements for Dollar General
Many career options are available to work at Dollar General. You can work there as a Store manager, sales associate, regional director, retail assistant manager, sales lead, truck driver, assistant store manager, sales representative, stocker, distribution clerk, delivery driver, assistant director, general manager, or supervisor.
The requirements that you must fulfill to work at Dollar General are:
- You must be friendly, can work well with team members and have good communication skills.
- Since certain positions (such as stocker, truck driver) demand lifting heavyweight, candidates also need to be able to lift and move heavy weights or stand for long periods of time.
- Candidates who want to work at distribution centers or corporate offices must have some specialized knowledge to qualify for the job.
- For entry-level jobs, if the candidate is not currently enrolled in school, he must have at least a high school diploma or GEDs.
- Candidates who have previous work experience in management roles are preferred.
- You must show open schedules and weekend availability to appeal more to the hiring manager.
If you succeed in getting a job at Dollar General, you will get incentives in the form of rewards, competitive pay, healthcare coverage, and retirement plans.
How Old You Must Be To Work At Dollar General?
The minimum age for employees to work at Dollar General is 18 years. As the store also sells alcohol and tobacco, it strictly adheres to its policy of every worker to be 18 years of age or above.
How to Fill Out the Application?
You can apply in person or online at Dollar General.
For an in-person application, download the PDF form and fill it out. Submit it to the nearest Dollar General Store. Please go during a no-busy time, this way, you may get a chance to talk to the manager about the vacant positions. Also, bring with you the necessary documents about your previous work history and personal information.
To apply online, follow these steps:
- Visit the Dollar General Careers page and find the open positions at the stores. You can search the careers options by entering location and job title. Open the job position you want to apply for and review the job description. Click “Apply for this job online.”
- Before filling the form, create an online profile. If you have applied before, apply via your existing profile by hitting “Log Back in” and entering login credentials.
- Upload your resume and fill the form.
- Enter your contact information, personal information, education, and work history.
- Fill any remaining sections and submit the application. After this, you will be asked to take an assessment test which you have to complete for further proceedings.
Once applied, you will get the confirmation email on the email address you provided in the application. If you are suitable for the job, the hiring manager will contact you to schedule an interview.
Those who applied in person can stop by the store to get the follow-up.