How to Apply at ALDI?
ALDI is a German grocery chain working in more than 11 countries and one of the fastest-growing retailers. The store has made its presence for its service, cheap prices, quality food products, and intimate space. ALDI operates from 2100 stores all across the US that serve more than 50 million customers every month.
As the retailer is growing rapidly, ALDI also offers many job opportunities to people with various skill levels. If you have IT skills, marketing skills, or know-how about retailing, you can join ALDI.
If you want to work there, you can apply online through their official website. You need to create an account before filling out the application form PDF for any available position. You can also sign up for ALDI job alerts.
How Old You Must Be To Work At ALDI?
The minimum age set for job opportunities at ALDI is 18 years. Although State laws permit people under 18 years to work at such stores, ALDI has a clear policy only to allow 18 years older or over employees.
Getting a job at ALDI is a bit competitive because of the benefits they offer to their employees. Once hired, employees don’t want to leave the job. Also, the incentives increase with work experience.
You can assume various positions at ALDI: retail sales associate, shift manager, warehouse lead, cashier, management trainee, district manager, seasonal associate, inventory associate, loader, administrative assistant, clerk, director, cook, baker barista, bartender, and a lot more.
To work at ALDI, you must fulfill the following requirements:
- You must keep pace with the fast working environment of the store. If you have experience of working in a similar fast-paced environment or a history of being an athlete, you will be preferred.
- For entry-level jobs or seasoned jobs, you must at least hold a high school diploma.
- You must pass the ALDI assessment test that determines your personality for the job.
- You must have leader and team skills, great work ethics, and the ability to provide good customer service.
- You must be friendly, energetic, and personable.
- For positions like cashier, you must show flexibility to work at nights and weekends.
- For administrative and managerial positions, you must have strong communication skills, mediating skills and can handle conflicts.
How to Fill Out the Application?
To get a job at ALDI, you can apply online or download the PDF format application form and submit it to the nearest ALDI store.
To get the application form, you need to go to the career’s site
- In the search bar, enter the location or job keyword and click the blue button. It will show the results. You can sort out the results by criteria/order. Search the given career options and open it
- Check the job description and click the “Apply now” button. Log in by creating an account. Once you log in, you can download the PDF form and fill it by pen and submit it to the nearest ALDI store or proceed with the process online
To complete the application form, follow these instructions:
- In the first section, fill in your personal information such as full name, telephone number, present address, hourly rate, availability details, history of previous employment at the company, whether you have reliable transportation, any additional/relevant skills, etc.
- In the education section, you need to add information regarding your former or current schools, whether graduated or not.
- In the employment section, you need to enter your work history.
After finishing all sections, sign the application and submit it to the manager at the ALDI store. You will be called for further proceedings.
If it’s an online application, you will be asked to complete several tests such as numerical reasoning test, logical reasoning test or verbal reasoning test, and situational judgment test. After that, you will have a 5-minute online interview to explain why you are the right choice for the job. If you successfully pass the online tests, they will call you for an in-person assessment.