Customer Service ApprenticeAgilisys
Job TitleCustomer Service Apprentice
Based: Barking and Dagenham
Assessment Centre: 21 November
Closing Date: 15 November, Midnight
Please read the full job description in order to apply (note, you will be asked to upload a CV as part of the application process).
An apprenticeship in Customer Services will teach you the key skills required to provide high quality customer service to clients. Through working on front line services, you will also gain an insight into how an organisation deals with a large customer base effectively. A professional customer service department is something relevant to all companies regardless of the sector meaning this qualification will still provide you with a wide career choice upon completion.
Agilisys is one of the UK’s most innovative IT and business process service provider, transforming the way our clients deliver services to their customers. Working for both the public and private sector, we have earned a strong reputation for delivering excellent ICT, back office and customer contact services. Agilisys, a privately owned company employs nearly 2,000 staff. Please see www.agilisys.co.uk for more information.
You will be working for Elevate East London, an innovative joint venture partnership between Agilisys and the London Borough of Barking and Dagenham, while in your apprenticeship. You will be placed in B&D Direct which is the customer facing department for the local council. The service currently has over 120 staff members based in B&D’s contact centre and two One Stop Shops. It is a first point of contact for residents of Barking and Dagenham looking for information on services provided by the Council.
As part of the Apprenticeship you may be expected to do some or all of the following:
- To provide an efficient polite and effective service to the public dealing with their enquiries either by phone or face to face.
- To ensure that all customers are dealt with at all times in accordance with defined Customer Service Standards and Values.
- To carry out administrative duties including the provision of performance data as specified by the Performance Manager.
- To work flexibly and co-operatively to ensure that operational service priorities are met.
- To utilise appropriate IT systems and processes to manage and record customer service transactions and ensure appropriate performance information is collected as by the Council and Central Government.
- To identify the nature of a customer enquiry and direct them as appropriate to provide a resolution which may also include making referrals to other Council services.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the systems and technology available with the contact centre and one stop shop.
- To direct customers to self-serve facilities i.e. the web, payment kiosks etc, and to provide mediated self-service to customers.
- Minimum of 5 GSCE at grade C or above including English, Maths or equivalent qualifications. Consideration will be made for exceptional candidates without these qualifications. Holders of degrees or equivalent Level 4 qualifications are not eligible
- Confident in using computers and the internet
- The ability to communicate clearly in English both speaking and in writing
- Able to work in a team
- A positive attitude
- Good telephone manner
- Entitlement to work in UK and have held UK residency for at least 3 years
- A Level or equivalent qualifications
- GCSE ICT or equivalent qualification at grade C or above
- Previous experience in a customer services role (e.g. retail)
Training information and qualification
You will complete a Level 2 or Level 3 Apprenticeship in Customer Service. The level 2 apprenticeship is equivalent to 5 GCSEs A*-C and the Level 3 Apprenticeship is equivalent to 2 A Levels.
Please note, you will be asked to upload a CV as part of the application process.
Job Type:Apprenticeship / Fixed Term
Location:Barking and Dagenham
Salary:As least £100 per week
Apply:Click here to apply