Web Development Apprentice (Tower Hamlets)Agilisys
Job TitleWeb Development Apprentice (Tower Hamlets)
Based: Whitechapel, Tower Hamlets
Closing Date: Sunday 21st November, Midnight
Assessment Centre: 28th November
Please read the full job description in order to apply
If you want to get into the current IT and digital boom that is going on in London, then this is the role for you.
Working in a great environment alongside leading technology entrepreneurs and business people, this is a fabulous opportunity if you want to get a career in the "New Economy" and make your mark:
- work with leading digital businesses like Google and Sky
- get experience working in fast moving start ups like: inplaymaker, leading the way with in-play second screen gaming; Sports Development Network, working with sporting celebrities to create THE destination site for sports coaching; and many others...
- learn how to use tomorrow's business tools today, like Twitter and mobile apps, while getting a highly respected Apprenticeship qualification within 12 months
- work with a like-minded and fun peer group to get your career off to a flying start
- get yourself in line for salaries in excess of £25,000 a year within a couple of years, and much more as you progress
You will do real work on real projects, building up a fantastic portfolio and experience that will stand you and your career in great stead. You will learn not only how to build websites and other digital assets, but to manage them and deploy them in real business environments. You will get a prestigious IT Apprenticeship, using the Web Development Pathway accredited by City & Guilds. Within this, you will also get your CIW industry recognised web development qualification.
Agilisys is one of the UK's most innovative IT and business process service provider, transforming the way our clients deliver services to their customers. Working for both the public and private sector, we have earned a strong reputation for delivering excellent ICT, back office and customer contact services. Agilisys, a privately owned company, employs nearly 2,000 staff. Please see www.agilisys.co.uk for more information.
As an apprentice you will be working for on projects for Agilisys and our customers in a range of business sectors. You will create, develop and maintain web sites and web services to support services, marketing and business development activities.
Through a combination of off-the-job learning combined with the skills learnt on the job you will develop a combination of business expertise, technical web development capability and transferrable workplace skills in areas such as communication and project management to support you in your career as an IT professional.
Within Agilisys and our client base we have a range of opportunities for apprentices with high levels of technical ability to be challenged to develop specialist areas of expertise and advanced technical knowledge.
As part of the Apprenticeship you will be involved in the following:
- Designing and developing new and existing websites to drive business and sales
- Uploading content and images onto websites
- Contributing to the writing and development of new website content
- Testing websites to ensure they work correctly
- Monitoring the success of websites and implementing improvements
- Researching new marketing opportunities and designing web based solutions
- Optimising digital content to ensure they receive maximum visits
- Coming up with ideas for new and innovative types of content such as animations or videos and implementing these ideas
- 5 GSCE at grade C or above including English, Maths or equivalent qualifications. Consideration will be made for exceptional candidates without these qualifications. Holders of degrees or equivalent Level 4 qualifications are not eligible
- An enthusiasm for using the internet to drive business
- Confident in using computers and the internet
- The ability to communicate clearly in English both speaking and in writing
- Able to work in a team
- A positive attitude
- Entitlement to work in UK and have held UK residency for at least 3years
- A Level or equivalent qualifications
- GCSE ICT or equivalent qualification at grade C or above
- Previous experience in web development or design
Training information and qualification
You will complete a Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in IT Software, Web and Telecoms Professionals (equivalent to 2 ‘A’ levels) following a website development pathway. This will cover the following subject areas in order to complete the qualification:
Units that you will study:
You will undertake a selection of modules dependent on your specific job role and preferences that will include:
- Web development
- Interpersonal and written communication
- IT Project Management
- Quality management of IT products and services
- Using the internet
- Website software
- Imaging software
- Doing business online
- Communication and Employability in the IT Sector
Job Type:Apprenticeship / Permanent
Apply:Click here to apply