All About UsAllAboutCareers is a social careers information website for everyone who wants to find out more about graduate schemes, apprenticeships, internships and other job-related shenanigans.
- Job Description
- Salary & Benefits
- Working Hours & Other Details
- Entry Route & Requirements
- Training & Progress
Brand consultants are employed by independent brand consultancies, such as Millward Brown, Interbrand, Saffron and Equilibrium, to scrutinise, analyse and evaluate the brand identity, brand performance and brand strategy of their clients’ products or services. They then offer expert recommendations and insights into how their client can revitalise their brand.
When a company’s brand is failing to pack a punch, brand consultants are drafted in to breathe new life into it, improve it and help it evolve. Brand consultants provide a fresh and impartial perspective on the pros and cons of a company’s brand, and can therefore suggest and implement effective branding solutions that will transform their client’s fortunes.
Brand consultants begin their mission by conducting extensive research, which includes:
- Liaising with company directors and their employees
- Undertaking competitor analysis
- Identifying the value of branding in achieving the company’s business objectives
- Conducting primary research, i.e. devising questionnaires and distributing them to members of the public who constitute the brand’s target audience.
Once all this research is complete, the brand consultant will process the data, analyse it, identify trends, interpret the information, and present it an accessible and understandable format.
They will then share their findings with the client and offer expert guidance on how the company can optimise the return on their marketing campaigns.
These recommendations can focus on anything from brand name, packaging design and visual merchandising to strategy development, copywriting, internal brand engagement and the use of social media and other digital phenomena.
Many brand consultancies go above and beyond simply making recommendations. Indeed, the majority of brand consultants will take their duties as a consultant to the next level and play an active role in the implementation and management of the proposed brand changes.
Salary & Benefits
Trainee brand consultants tend to earn between £18,000 and £25,000 per annum, while those with more experience can earn anywhere between £29,000 and £48,000 per annum.
Senior brand consultants with more than ten years of experience can earn up to £60,000 and beyond.
Working Hours & Other Details
Brand consultants tend to work a standard nine-to-five. However, you should expect to work extra hours when campaign deadlines are looming.
You may be required to travel, both domestically and internationally, from time to time to attend client meetings and deliver presentations.
Entry Route & Requirements
To enter this line of work, you will need an undergraduate degree in any discipline. However, studying a subject such as marketing, advertising or business studies may boost your chances of securing an entry-level position.
This is a competitive area of work and, therefore, many employers will favour candidates who have a 2.1 degree classification or above.
Another way to boost your employability is to get work experience with a brand consultancy, market research company or integrated marketing agency. This will give you fantastic hands-on experience and will enable you to build up a network of useful contacts.
Training & Progress
Many brand consultants enter the industry as part of a graduate training scheme. The majority of your training and development during the scheme is likely to be done on the job under the supervision of senior brand consultants.
Career progression is based on individual performance and contribution to your organisation’s success. As you climb the ladder, you will most likely become an account manager and then a senior brand consultant. Eventually, you may progress into a senior management role and perhaps even become a company director.
What’s going on?
- Should I apply an international internship in NSC 17-10-2014 @ 12:27
- thats a good idea .. and what is it that you do ?? ...
- Should I apply an international internship in NSC 17-10-2014 @ 11:54
- its a good thing to do an internship right after your graduation.it will be beneficial for your career don't think about the industry just try to learn something first then go for the big names.p...
- Should I apply an international internship in NSC 17-10-2014 @ 08:38
- Same is over here that this is really very nice post. Keep up the awesome work. Thanks for sharing your great work and letting me to say about it. custom research papers...
- BUY REAL AND FAKE PASSPORT,VISA,ID,DL ETC.(firstname.lastname@example.org) 11-10-2014 @ 10:21
- Best Quality Novelty Fake IDs and Passports (email@example.com) Best Quality Novelty Fake IDs and Passports, Marriage certificates and Drivers license etc buy now high quality-We have the b...
- Many US law firms now have offices in the UK and offer training contracts and vacation schemes to talented students and graduates on this side of the pond. If you complete a training contract or...
- Choosing a Law Firm 09-04-2014 @ 12:36
- The legal market is big, tough and very competitive. There are many levels and varieties of law firms running in the market today and with detailed research and a clear idea of one’s own pr...
- Can I get a training contract with a 2:2? 09-04-2014 @ 12:30
- It’s the question we’re perennially asked on our AllAboutLaw Facebook fan page, is it possible to get a training contract with a 2:2? Before jumping in, if you're looking for...
- Training Contract Covering Letter 09-04-2014 @ 12:29
- Finding a training contract is hard enough without a bad covering letter letting you down. You might think your CV is the star of the show, but without a good supporting act, your application wil...
- Amir Johnson air max 95 pas cher entorse au pied 19-10-2014 @ 10:18
- Amir Johnson air max 95 pas cher entorse au pied gauche au deuxième trimestre pour quitter le jeu, et moins de fautes techniques, exécutif de la cérémonie-Zambie ......
- 6 minutes air max 1 pas cher 46 secondes 19-10-2014 @ 10:17
- 6 minutes air max 1 pas cher 46 secondes à gauche dans le jeu, Dean, succède à attaquer le panier, elles conduiront à 84-86. Les deux équipes ont jou&eacut......
- La little nike free run 3 femme Thunder Wei offensive 19-10-2014 @ 10:16
- La little nike free run 3 femme Thunder Wei offensive, pas seulement avec un sec et enlever le cavalier pour briser layup faire minutes, également mis en place ses coéquipiers ......
- Thunder nike roshe run france dans 19-10-2014 @ 10:15
- Thunder nike roshe run france dans la première moitié de cette section uniquement sur les lancers avec 2 minutes, les Raptors sont allés à 16 points, les Raptors......
- Dairy Crest buys milk firm out of administration, ... 14-03-2013 @ 10:21
- Dairy Crest has bought specialist milk business Proper Welsh Milk out of administration, saving 40 jobs....
- Applications for £120m Govt funding pot open in s... 14-03-2013 @ 10:21
- The money is being made available through the Government’s Advanced Manufacturing Supply Chain Initiative to support research and development, skills training and capital investment in th...
- High Street fund 'barely touched'... 14-03-2013 @ 10:20
- A £10m government fund set up a year ago to help bring empty shops back into use has barely been touched, according to Freedom of Information requests seen by the BBC....