All About UsAllAboutCareers is a social careers information website for everyone who wants to find out more about graduate schemes, apprenticeships, internships and other job-related shenanigans.
- Job Description
- Salary & Benefits
- Working Hours & Other Details
- Entry Route & Requirements
- Training & Progress
Brand consultants are employed by independent brand consultancies, such as Millward Brown, Interbrand, Saffron and Equilibrium, to scrutinise, analyse and evaluate the brand identity, brand performance and brand strategy of their clients’ products or services. They then offer expert recommendations and insights into how their client can revitalise their brand.
When a company’s brand is failing to pack a punch, brand consultants are drafted in to breathe new life into it, improve it and help it evolve. Brand consultants provide a fresh and impartial perspective on the pros and cons of a company’s brand, and can therefore suggest and implement effective branding solutions that will transform their client’s fortunes.
Brand consultants begin their mission by conducting extensive research, which includes:
- Liaising with company directors and their employees
- Undertaking competitor analysis
- Identifying the value of branding in achieving the company’s business objectives
- Conducting primary research, i.e. devising questionnaires and distributing them to members of the public who constitute the brand’s target audience.
Once all this research is complete, the brand consultant will process the data, analyse it, identify trends, interpret the information, and present it an accessible and understandable format.
They will then share their findings with the client and offer expert guidance on how the company can optimise the return on their marketing campaigns.
These recommendations can focus on anything from brand name, packaging design and visual merchandising to strategy development, copywriting, internal brand engagement and the use of social media and other digital phenomena.
Many brand consultancies go above and beyond simply making recommendations. Indeed, the majority of brand consultants will take their duties as a consultant to the next level and play an active role in the implementation and management of the proposed brand changes.
Salary & Benefits
Trainee brand consultants tend to earn between £18,000 and £25,000 per annum, while those with more experience can earn anywhere between £29,000 and £48,000 per annum.
Senior brand consultants with more than ten years of experience can earn up to £60,000 and beyond.
Working Hours & Other Details
Brand consultants tend to work a standard nine-to-five. However, you should expect to work extra hours when campaign deadlines are looming.
You may be required to travel, both domestically and internationally, from time to time to attend client meetings and deliver presentations.
Entry Route & Requirements
To enter this line of work, you will need an undergraduate degree in any discipline. However, studying a subject such as marketing, advertising or business studies may boost your chances of securing an entry-level position.
This is a competitive area of work and, therefore, many employers will favour candidates who have a 2.1 degree classification or above.
Another way to boost your employability is to get work experience with a brand consultancy, market research company or integrated marketing agency. This will give you fantastic hands-on experience and will enable you to build up a network of useful contacts.
Training & Progress
Many brand consultants enter the industry as part of a graduate training scheme. The majority of your training and development during the scheme is likely to be done on the job under the supervision of senior brand consultants.
Career progression is based on individual performance and contribution to your organisation’s success. As you climb the ladder, you will most likely become an account manager and then a senior brand consultant. Eventually, you may progress into a senior management role and perhaps even become a company director.
What’s going on?
- Y!M: choice.vnpanda , icq : 687549708 Sell CVV US,Europe Random, UK,Aus With Bins good fresh All Country 18-12-2014 @ 03:55
- *************** Yahoo: choice.vnpanda **************** - Hi every customer, I'm a seller , i have shop CVV, CC and site tool shop and other stuff. - I'm work bussiness , professional and quali...
- Where can I get work experience? 16-12-2014 @ 21:12
- if you want to study Environmental Sciences with Geography, you can apply on different organization with writing a professional resume with your complete bio data it will help to you....
- How to become a football manager 16-12-2014 @ 08:04
- I hope a similar very best do the job from people in the future as well..http://www.facebook-hack.nl/facebook-account-aanmelden-inloggen/ ...
- How to become a football manager 14-12-2014 @ 21:05
- We all has got the right to express what we should wish. All that we are able to carry out is to struggle for an issue that is very right. www.sbobet-bola.com ...
- Many US law firms now have offices in the UK and offer training contracts and vacation schemes to talented students and graduates on this side of the pond. If you complete a training contract or...
- Choosing a Law Firm 09-04-2014 @ 12:36
- The legal market is big, tough and very competitive. There are many levels and varieties of law firms running in the market today and with detailed research and a clear idea of one’s own pr...
- Can I get a training contract with a 2:2? 09-04-2014 @ 12:30
- It’s the question we’re perennially asked on our AllAboutLaw Facebook fan page, is it possible to get a training contract with a 2:2? Before jumping in, if you're looking for...
- Training Contract Covering Letter 09-04-2014 @ 12:29
- Finding a training contract is hard enough without a bad covering letter letting you down. You might think your CV is the star of the show, but without a good supporting act, your application wil...
- AS09A31 batterie 18-12-2014 @ 09:06
- La première génération de batteries au lithium utilisant un électrolyte liquide (appelée LIB), ce type de batterie au lithium électrolyte selon divis&eac......
- Pest Control Websites ~ Ideas About Pest Control Equipment 18-12-2014 @ 08:03
- For just about any enterprise, the need for professional pest control can wriggle into view and rear its head anytime. In the Capital of scotland- Norwich and indeed, throughout the entire region......
- Why You Must Find Out More Info On Health And Wellness Coaching 18-12-2014 @ 07:24
- If you are looking to shed weight and journey your bike at the same time, and you've got some excess fat, I would recommend getting a bicycle which is comfortable. My own wife's bike with......
- I installed this Nike Free 2014 Mens driver but 18-12-2014 @ 06:54
- The garnishments won't be easy to forward.I don't remember if I had the browser issue before I installed this Nike Free 2014 Mens driver but I'm very sure that games never c......
- Dairy Crest buys milk firm out of administration, ... 14-03-2013 @ 10:21
- Dairy Crest has bought specialist milk business Proper Welsh Milk out of administration, saving 40 jobs....
- Applications for £120m Govt funding pot open in s... 14-03-2013 @ 10:21
- The money is being made available through the Government’s Advanced Manufacturing Supply Chain Initiative to support research and development, skills training and capital investment in th...
- High Street fund 'barely touched'... 14-03-2013 @ 10:20
- A £10m government fund set up a year ago to help bring empty shops back into use has barely been touched, according to Freedom of Information requests seen by the BBC....