All About UsAllAboutCareers is a social careers information website for everyone who wants to find out more about graduate schemes, apprenticeships, internships and other job-related shenanigans.
- Job Description
- Salary & Benefits
- Working Hours & Other Details
- Entry Route & Requirements
- Training & Progress
Brand consultants are employed by independent brand consultancies, such as Millward Brown, Interbrand, Saffron and Equilibrium, to scrutinise, analyse and evaluate the brand identity, brand performance and brand strategy of their clients’ products or services. They then offer expert recommendations and insights into how their client can revitalise their brand.
When a company’s brand is failing to pack a punch, brand consultants are drafted in to breathe new life into it, improve it and help it evolve. Brand consultants provide a fresh and impartial perspective on the pros and cons of a company’s brand, and can therefore suggest and implement effective branding solutions that will transform their client’s fortunes.
Brand consultants begin their mission by conducting extensive research, which includes:
- Liaising with company directors and their employees
- Undertaking competitor analysis
- Identifying the value of branding in achieving the company’s business objectives
- Conducting primary research, i.e. devising questionnaires and distributing them to members of the public who constitute the brand’s target audience.
Once all this research is complete, the brand consultant will process the data, analyse it, identify trends, interpret the information, and present it an accessible and understandable format.
They will then share their findings with the client and offer expert guidance on how the company can optimise the return on their marketing campaigns.
These recommendations can focus on anything from brand name, packaging design and visual merchandising to strategy development, copywriting, internal brand engagement and the use of social media and other digital phenomena.
Many brand consultancies go above and beyond simply making recommendations. Indeed, the majority of brand consultants will take their duties as a consultant to the next level and play an active role in the implementation and management of the proposed brand changes.
Salary & Benefits
Trainee brand consultants tend to earn between £18,000 and £25,000 per annum, while those with more experience can earn anywhere between £29,000 and £48,000 per annum.
Senior brand consultants with more than ten years of experience can earn up to £60,000 and beyond.
Working Hours & Other Details
Brand consultants tend to work a standard nine-to-five. However, you should expect to work extra hours when campaign deadlines are looming.
You may be required to travel, both domestically and internationally, from time to time to attend client meetings and deliver presentations.
Entry Route & Requirements
To enter this line of work, you will need an undergraduate degree in any discipline. However, studying a subject such as marketing, advertising or business studies may boost your chances of securing an entry-level position.
This is a competitive area of work and, therefore, many employers will favour candidates who have a 2.1 degree classification or above.
Another way to boost your employability is to get work experience with a brand consultancy, market research company or integrated marketing agency. This will give you fantastic hands-on experience and will enable you to build up a network of useful contacts.
Training & Progress
Many brand consultants enter the industry as part of a graduate training scheme. The majority of your training and development during the scheme is likely to be done on the job under the supervision of senior brand consultants.
Career progression is based on individual performance and contribution to your organisation’s success. As you climb the ladder, you will most likely become an account manager and then a senior brand consultant. Eventually, you may progress into a senior management role and perhaps even become a company director.
What’s going on?
- Investment Banking Career Path 25-11-2014 @ 16:34
- I'm impressed by your paper. It essential to observation that nowadays it is hardly facile to explore decorous merit stipulation on the Internet. Fair unique example along my art of selecting rea...
- Latest Transport & Logistics news from around the world 24-11-2014 @ 23:20
- Buy High Quality Real/Novelty Document...
- Does anyone know what you call the people who look for oil or gas called? 24-11-2014 @ 09:32
- It's essential to retrieve, that approaches to opinion info originate at school besides college. If learners write endeavors by their acknowledge, they are versatile to decide amend info. Else, i...
- How to prepare for Certified Actuarial Analyst course ? 14-11-2014 @ 09:00
- Hi, Can anybody please suggest where I may be able to prepare for the Certified Actuarial Analyst course from apart from bppacted and eclonline.com ? Thanks, you help is much appreciated....
- Many US law firms now have offices in the UK and offer training contracts and vacation schemes to talented students and graduates on this side of the pond. If you complete a training contract or...
- Choosing a Law Firm 09-04-2014 @ 12:36
- The legal market is big, tough and very competitive. There are many levels and varieties of law firms running in the market today and with detailed research and a clear idea of one’s own pr...
- Can I get a training contract with a 2:2? 09-04-2014 @ 12:30
- It’s the question we’re perennially asked on our AllAboutLaw Facebook fan page, is it possible to get a training contract with a 2:2? Before jumping in, if you're looking for...
- Training Contract Covering Letter 09-04-2014 @ 12:29
- Finding a training contract is hard enough without a bad covering letter letting you down. You might think your CV is the star of the show, but without a good supporting act, your application wil...
- For her canada goose chilliwack parka womens recent victory 26-11-2014 @ 13:17
- For her canada goose chilliwack parka womens recent victory in a row, Haddon said "when the teammates looking at me was to play aggressive." Due to injury problems this season the ......
- Petrovich buy womens canada goose and vaults 26-11-2014 @ 13:16
- Petrovich buy womens canada goose and vaults, are all good shooters in the NBA, Miller's amazing career length, Petrovich efficiency terror, Currie has limitless potential. "The top......
- 26 year old canada goose langford parka mens Curry played for 26-11-2014 @ 13:15
- 26 year old canada goose langford parka mens Curry played for the Braves for 6 years, averaged 20.4 points and 6.7 assists, put in 2.7 three-pointers, shooting 43.9% 2012-13 vote scored 272 ......
- Williams mens canada goose chilliwack parka is the Raptors bench 26-11-2014 @ 13:10
- Williams mens canada goose chilliwack parka is the Raptors bench, heavy weapons, and Sun game, he stood up from the bench after a further 17 points coming in. This season, he averaged 13.6 p......
- Dairy Crest buys milk firm out of administration, ... 14-03-2013 @ 10:21
- Dairy Crest has bought specialist milk business Proper Welsh Milk out of administration, saving 40 jobs....
- Applications for £120m Govt funding pot open in s... 14-03-2013 @ 10:21
- The money is being made available through the Government’s Advanced Manufacturing Supply Chain Initiative to support research and development, skills training and capital investment in th...
- High Street fund 'barely touched'... 14-03-2013 @ 10:20
- A £10m government fund set up a year ago to help bring empty shops back into use has barely been touched, according to Freedom of Information requests seen by the BBC....