All About UsAllAboutCareers is a social careers information website for everyone who wants to find out more about graduate schemes, apprenticeships, internships and other job-related shenanigans.
- Job Description
- Salary & Benefits
- Working Hours & Other Details
- Entry Route & Requirements
- Training & Progress
Brand consultants are employed by independent brand consultancies, such as Millward Brown, Interbrand, Saffron and Equilibrium, to scrutinise, analyse and evaluate the brand identity, brand performance and brand strategy of their clients’ products or services. They then offer expert recommendations and insights into how their client can revitalise their brand.
When a company’s brand is failing to pack a punch, brand consultants are drafted in to breathe new life into it, improve it and help it evolve. Brand consultants provide a fresh and impartial perspective on the pros and cons of a company’s brand, and can therefore suggest and implement effective branding solutions that will transform their client’s fortunes.
Brand consultants begin their mission by conducting extensive research, which includes:
- Liaising with company directors and their employees
- Undertaking competitor analysis
- Identifying the value of branding in achieving the company’s business objectives
- Conducting primary research, i.e. devising questionnaires and distributing them to members of the public who constitute the brand’s target audience.
Once all this research is complete, the brand consultant will process the data, analyse it, identify trends, interpret the information, and present it an accessible and understandable format.
They will then share their findings with the client and offer expert guidance on how the company can optimise the return on their marketing campaigns.
These recommendations can focus on anything from brand name, packaging design and visual merchandising to strategy development, copywriting, internal brand engagement and the use of social media and other digital phenomena.
Many brand consultancies go above and beyond simply making recommendations. Indeed, the majority of brand consultants will take their duties as a consultant to the next level and play an active role in the implementation and management of the proposed brand changes.
Salary & Benefits
Trainee brand consultants tend to earn between £18,000 and £25,000 per annum, while those with more experience can earn anywhere between £29,000 and £48,000 per annum.
Senior brand consultants with more than ten years of experience can earn up to £60,000 and beyond.
Working Hours & Other Details
Brand consultants tend to work a standard nine-to-five. However, you should expect to work extra hours when campaign deadlines are looming.
You may be required to travel, both domestically and internationally, from time to time to attend client meetings and deliver presentations.
Entry Route & Requirements
To enter this line of work, you will need an undergraduate degree in any discipline. However, studying a subject such as marketing, advertising or business studies may boost your chances of securing an entry-level position.
This is a competitive area of work and, therefore, many employers will favour candidates who have a 2.1 degree classification or above.
Another way to boost your employability is to get work experience with a brand consultancy, market research company or integrated marketing agency. This will give you fantastic hands-on experience and will enable you to build up a network of useful contacts.
Training & Progress
Many brand consultants enter the industry as part of a graduate training scheme. The majority of your training and development during the scheme is likely to be done on the job under the supervision of senior brand consultants.
Career progression is based on individual performance and contribution to your organisation’s success. As you climb the ladder, you will most likely become an account manager and then a senior brand consultant. Eventually, you may progress into a senior management role and perhaps even become a company director.
What’s going on?
- Is Hull a good university? 10-12-2013 @ 07:26
- Hull is surely a good University with great educational atmosphere and professional staff. write my essay cheap ...
- ERASMUS STUDENTS 2013-14 improve your Spanish whilst you study! 10-12-2013 @ 07:23
- It is really troublesome for the foreign students to survive in European and US universities. So this is good to find out some English classes for Spanish students. good work and hope students ge...
- Minimum Criteria for MNC jobs 09-12-2013 @ 06:08
- What percentage require to get a job in MNC . How much I should score in my Post graduation or graduation....
- Academic Books & much more 08-12-2013 @ 21:48
- 40+ Full Album Guitar Tab Books [url]http://academicnotes.comoj.com/40+ Full Album Guitar Tab Books.rar[/url] 61 Architectural ebooks [url]http://academicnotes.comoj.com/61 Architectural eboo...
- Traditionally, front office staff are the folks in contact with the consumers or clients, whilst the back office staff are the people behind-the-scenes working in administrative or support roles....
- A Day in the Life of a Chartered Architectural Technologist 25-02-2013 @ 15:44
- My typical working week… As a Chartered Architectural Technologist (MCIAT), I will always have a varied day. I work a standard working week. My hours are 9am til 5.30pm, but I tend to...
- National Audit Office’s School Leaver Scheme: My Experience 14-02-2013 @ 17:26
- Accountancy school leavers’ programme or university? It was in my final year of college that I decided that I wanted to pursue a career in accountancy. I looked in to the options avai...
- Accountancy: Payroll Career Paths 14-02-2013 @ 11:22
- Accountancy is an incredibly varied profession with a large number of different roles available within the industry. Payroll is increasingly important for businesses; the majority of companies ...
- essay writing tips 10-12-2013 @ 07:28
- get essay writing help by experts and professionals. You can also buy online essay right now. ...
- Practical tips for becoming a hypnotherapist 09-12-2013 @ 10:20
- If you are thinking about becoming a hypnotherapist, there are a number of different ways you can get into it. Of course, once you are qualified, you then have various avenues that you can explor......
- 5 Little Known Ways To Proofread Your Own Document 05-12-2013 @ 12:41
- Proofreading is one of the most important steps of writing in which you will have to read your write out from top to bottom and find the errors or mistakes that you may have left in it. There are......
- Which path? 05-12-2013 @ 11:41
- Please could you offer me some advice regarding my career path in Civil Engineering. I am currently working at Gatwick Airport as a newly promoted Senior Site Agent for the main maintanence fram......
- Dairy Crest buys milk firm out of administration, ... 14-03-2013 @ 10:21
- Dairy Crest has bought specialist milk business Proper Welsh Milk out of administration, saving 40 jobs....
- Applications for £120m Govt funding pot open in s... 14-03-2013 @ 10:21
- The money is being made available through the Government’s Advanced Manufacturing Supply Chain Initiative to support research and development, skills training and capital investment in th...
- High Street fund 'barely touched'... 14-03-2013 @ 10:20
- A £10m government fund set up a year ago to help bring empty shops back into use has barely been touched, according to Freedom of Information requests seen by the BBC....